Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of petrol and oil for mower?

• 18-05-2006 10:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭

Quick question,

What type of petrol (unleaded or leaded) do I use for a regular domestic lawn mower and what type of oil does it take.

Thanks,

LK

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm gonna assume it's a 4-stroke engine. Regular unleaded petrol should be fine. Most hardware stores and petrol stations sell a special lawnmower oil.

If it's 2 stroke then you will need 2 buy 2-stroke engine oil and mix it with the petrol according to lawnmower instructions.

Most lawnmowers are 4-stroke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

crosstownk wrote:
    I'm gonna assume it's a 4-stroke engine. Regular unleaded petrol should be fine. Most hardware stores and petrol stations sell a special lawnmower oil.

If it's 2 stroke then you will need 2 buy 2-stroke engine oil and mix it with the petrol according to lawnmower instructions.

Most lawnmowers are 4-stroke.

Thanks

Theres a seperate inlet for petrol and oil, so its probably a 4 stroke. Thanks crosstown

Advertisement