Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Keyed

Options
  • 18-05-2006 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

Yes, came down this morning to find my car keyed. I'm in a right mood now. And I think I know who it is. So what do you suggest...

1) Turn the other cheek and do nothing
    2) Do something nasty to their car
    3) Park in a manner which will tempt them to do it again and catch it on camera

What would you do in my situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If I was you I'd call the Gardaí and report the vandalism to your car explaining the reasons why you have reason to suspect someone in particular. However, you may have some reason for not calling the Gardaí - in that case I'd go with option 3. I certainly wouldn't go for option 2 - that will only make you a vandal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Yes, came down this morning to find my car keyed. I'm in a right mood now. And I think I know who it is. So what do you suggest...

1) Turn the other cheek and do nothing
    3) Park in a manner which will tempt them to do it again and catch it on camera

What would you do in my situation?

3 would be legal... and won't get us banned from broards... so lets go with that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

If the 'suspect' is a neighbour call in and ask if he/she had witnessed the incident. If they are the culprit you will see by their reaction if they are guilty and at least it will let them know you are on to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Firstly, sorry to hear that.

"If there is one thing that you just do not do, its fúck with another mans automobile"

I would be inclined to report to the Gardaí as suggested above, and also go with option 3....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

So are you saying you know who did it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

fletch wrote:
    So are you saying you know who did it?
    I am 95% sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

id be careful just in case.....expecially if there is a 5% doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Had the same thing done on a wing about two yers ago...and I was 99% sure who did it...
    There was no point in going after them, they had no money...and no point in escalating it as they were brainless muppets...
    We've moved on....and they are stuck there...:)
    Gather your evidence, but don't get sucked in to confrontation...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

My sympathies. My car was keyed before I got it, and it's basically a two-panel spray job if I want it fixed, because it won't buff or cut out. Not nice. The people that do this kind of thing need their asses handed to them on a plate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I feel you pain, someone keyed mine the other day.

Personally I would go with option 3, but just short of a kicking first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement