Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 525 Question

Options
  • 18-05-2006 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Hi, Quick question to anyone who can help out. Basically, I know someone looking at a 2001 BMW 525i sport, m-typed (tyres, fog lights, body kit, full leather). Now a friend has said that this sort of work adds about 20-25% onto the value of the car, as opposed to the base model, here in Ireland. Is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Hi, Quick question to anyone who can help out. Basically, I know someone looking at a 2001 BMW 525i sport, m-typed (tyres, fog lights, body kit, full leather). Now a friend has said that this sort of work adds about 20-25% onto the value of the car, as opposed to the base model, here in Ireland. Is this true?
    if you compare a used 2001 525i with standard spec to a used 2001 525i with M-tech spec you will see there is about 3-4k of a difference. At the time, new this m-pack option was about 6k'ish.
    Makes a huge difference to the car in terms of looks and drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,415 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

this sort of work adds about 20-25% onto the value of the car, as opposed to the base model, here in Ireland. Is this true?

No way! At worst, on a 5 year old 525i, it adds feck all but it will make the car much easier to sell compared to non-leather, etc. At best, it will add about 10% (so about €2k) compared to a standard 525i. Or to put it differently, a standard 525i will have to be priced around 10% under the going rate to attract attention

Advertisement