Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSU seperate from case?

Options
  • 18-05-2006 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

hi im just wondering is it good to buy a case without PSU and the PSU sepperate or included in the case as its a lot cheaper, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

Psycopat wrote:
    hi im just wondering is it good to buy a case without PSU and the PSU sepperate or included in the case as its a lot cheaper, thanks
    Well generally the PSU's supplied with cases are not great (i.e. high wattage)
    So if you're planning on installing decent graphics card and/or overclocking your CPU then buy a seperate PSU.

Checkout Komplett for PSU's, 550Watt PSU ~= €120+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

In-Win X710G(S) Full Tower ATX Silver Case w/430W PSU, Lcd Panel, USB 2.0

Asus A8NE-FM, nForce4, Socket-939, Bulk m-ATX, S-ATA, Firewire, Raid, PCI-Ex16

Maxtor DiamondMax 10 160GB SATA2 8MB 7200RPM

PowerColor Radeon X850XT 256MB GDDR3, PCI-Express, DVI/ViVo, Tv-Out, Retail

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.2GHz Socket 939, 1MB, BOXED w/fan

Logitech® UltraX Media Keyboard, USB, US-layout, Oem

Crucial PC3200 DDR-DIMM 1024MB CL3 KIT Kit w/two matched PC3200 CL3 DDRs

would this work? its about 100 euro cheaper than buying case and psu sepperate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

buy the psu seperate... the ones that are included in cases are usually not that good and you will need more power than what they can provide

ok ill get em sepperate. also whats the story with fans, would i need to buy sepperate or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Buy a Dell.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT BUY A DELL!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

KamiKazi wrote:
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT BUY A DELL!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

second that

DELL MUST DIE!!!!!!!!

pair of assclowns smile.gif

Psycopat: for fans, read sionnach's sticky at the top of this forum.
    That's a solid spec. RAM is a bog standard but I doubt it will present issues with the motherboard. Just don't expect it to overclock by more than a few Mhz. It can always be swapped out later.
    I don't know what that case is like, but a few quid on the case will go a hell of a long way, especially if you intend hanging on to it for a year or two.

Cheers skypax, i plan to use this pc for the summer and when i get a good bit of money from work, sell it and buy a new one.

Oh and as for the dell coment im gona choose to see the sarcasm in it :)

as it was intended man smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement