Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastest Broadband in Ireland??

Options
  • 18-05-2006 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Who does it at the moment?

I heard Bulldog do 8mb, but only through NTL digital. Anyone else hear this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Dog Chaser wrote:
    Who does it at the moment?

I heard Bulldog do 8mb, but only through NTL digital. Anyone else hear this?

Bulldog are UK only.

NTL have a 6Mbit product capable of up to 10Mbit.

Dungarvan and another place have a similar cable based product.

For DSL it must be smart or to a lesser extent Magnet have a 24Mbit ADSL2+ product as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Smart offer 6MB.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Longford have a 9meg!! www.crossans.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Magnet's Entertainment package includes 8mb

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Is half of the 8M not used for IPTV?

Digiweb might have 10M?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

It all depends on how much you are willing to pay and where you live to be honest. Business products from most providers will streach 10 meg and above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

I can give you 1Gbps for about 1800 a month if you live in a business park in Dublin west :):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I can give you 1Gbps for about 1800 a month if you live in a business park in Dublin west :):):):)
    Is that symmetric?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

/me gets onto phone to the bank.

Yeah our building should be up and ready in a year or so. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

its been 9mb in Dungarvan for years now.

• Advertisement

Yes it's symmetric, delivered over fiber as a direct layer 2 interconnect :) Not exactly 'broadband' tho :)

More here http://www.hosting365.com/access-pointtopoint.php

Yes it's symmetric, delivered over fiber as a direct layer 2 interconnect :) Not exactly 'broadband' tho :)

More here http://www.hosting365.com/access-pointtopoint.php

1800 / month.

I assume that doesn't include the extra internet access fee. :)

Nope, thats just layer 2 to the data centre. Includes network access ( a big chunk of the Irish net and anything accessible via INEX) but international IP is per Mbps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Magnet Networks 24Mbit would be the fastest in the country but its 200 euro a month so meh if you want the fastest you will have to fork out for it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Yeah with a 16 GB cap. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭hajjid

I live in dungarvan and my max down speed was 29Mb,which is about 2MB/s
    Loovvve it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

dunno what me mate is on but he downloads at 2mbps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭hajjid

pretty much the same as me, iam very happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭BertrandMeyer

I'm stuck with eircom. They lure you in, before depositing you at the time. It's great. You have lots of free time. You have my passport, and I am thinking, because here, the entire global supply chain is condensed. Many of my goods are made by semi-enslaved populations desperate for jobs. He limped all his life, because there was a depression, there was no translation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

this thread is three years old, leave it die in peace

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement