Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

34" 30" 36"

• 18-05-2006 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Keeping in with Perfect 10 and Women with Fuller Bottoms themes!

I'm certainly not a perfect 10 and my bottom isn't small! (as you can tell from my measurements) I'm about a 14 - but it's hard to get jeans to fit properly because I do have curves but a relatively small waist! Does anyone else find this and where is best to get nice fitting jeans?

What are your measurements?
    It would just be nice to know that what the average is and that I'm not alone!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 *Super*Star*

I have the opposite shape to you, I have big boobs and no ass! :)
    36 - 30 - 34

try topshop or new look
    I'm a 36-30-38 and and i've been wearing topshop jeans for years
    I have problems in that sometimes stuff can be too loose around my waist:( so I'm doing a cardio plan in the gym I'm happy with the shape of my body since i've lost a stone so far this year, i just want to lose a little more weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Yeah - didn't think of TopShop. I usually shop on Grafton Street so never ventured to Jervis but they just opened a new one on stephens green so must check it out. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭mazroo

Im a 36 29 38 and i get a size 12.... Seriously they fit well!! Nothin worse than seein someone spilling out of jeans.. Try Oasis... Their jeans are good. Top shop are cool too. My only prob is I have a broad back.. due to training but im toned up well so it loks good... I have curves but They are well defined and I suit the clothes I wear. Dont folow trends .. Make your own style and if you can carry it off ... well that s hot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

34 27 36 myself, my hips are the bane of my existence. anything that fits my hips is invariably too baggy everywhere else, anything that hugs my legs nicely wont fit over my hips/ass!
    i dont think i have ANY jeans that fit me properly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

i find oasis jeans are a great fit for me. they seem to have a nice bit of stretch to them too so they kind of cling in the right places.
    i find topshop jeans really bad, and it kills me to say it because it's my fav high street shop, but they just don't do panys for my shape :(
    i'm a 36-27-36, and a size 8 or 10 depending on the shop/make

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

im 34-26-34 and find the waist of jeans are always way too big and too tight on my hips so i jus buy low waisted jeans.topshop jeans are great as are sabotage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

34-26-36

Sabotage all the way. Also, would you belive D2. They stock a brand called Soviet in there that make lovely womens' jeans.

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    D2. They stock a brand called Soviet in there that make lovely womens' jeans.

D2?? this a shop, if so, whereabouts is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Jervis Shopping Centre, first floor, opposite Bershka, beside the Teddy Bear Factory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

34 - 26 - 34, you really can't go wrong with miss sixty's jeans they have a fab fit, go for the lower waist ones, as anyone with a bum should only be wearing hipster jeans with a boot cut end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

I'm surprised at the number of gals with 30" waists !

Is that not (excuse the word) fattish for a young woman ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Louisiana

whats your jean size Reyman?

stretch jeans are a miracle. i dont think any 2 girls are excatly the same shape!

Louisiana wrote:
    whats your jean size Reyman?

I'm 32" size now but a bit older than the posters here. In my early twenties I was 29" .

I'd imagine women should be 2" to 3" smaller on the waist than men?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Manolo Blahnik

Everyones different though. It's my hips that kill me when buying jeans.
    I've a 24 inch waist used to be 26.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Meh, I reckon I'm about 27"/28" waist. But I have practically no hips. I wear hipster jeans anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

i dont know what size i am:( i just buy whatever jeans fit.

Well that's probably better. IMO, it's better to try on an item in a couple of sizes to see which is best (your size, and one up/down) than to presume that what size you normally are will fit. That way, you get a properly fiiting item, which is more important than the number on the label, which nobody sees anyway ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Not sure if I am getting this right - would be 38-25-35, aka top, waist and hips. I end up getting a size 8 in trousers/skirts to fit my waist and just accept that when I get a size 8 dress the top will be very tight, though ocasionally I compromise and get a size 10 so that my top is not that squezed in.

Ouch, that must be difficult - my only saving grace is that I'm small on top too (what are these strange things called curves? :rolleyes:) Very little that I own is anyway small enough to sit at my waist, whethyer by design or not, most things sit on my hips. When they're falling off my hips, I know they're really too big for me! :D

I'm not exactly sure of my hips, but I reckon I'm roughly 36-28-32.

• Advertisement

Yes, I know what you mean. Size 8 slip off me a lot and end up as hipsters half the time weather I like it or not. I was ill recently (wisdom teeth problems) and lost some more weight and all my clothes are huge on me...I think that a size 6 would fit better now. I checked what size I should wear for my chest and I think that I should be wearing a size 16. I am only 5ft 2in so I look correctly proportioned thankfully.

Petite and curvy, my ideal situation ... reality: tall and rather ruler-esque. Some things you have to live with ;)

I would love to be tall and willowy like you! I think that it is easier to get clothes if you are taller and skinny like you?

Reyman wrote:
    I'm 32" size now but a bit older than the posters here. In my early twenties I was 29" .

not usually, we just have hips, whereas men dont.
    its really relative to other proportions, where your body fat is mainly stored etc.
    30 inches is a measurement, it says nothing about the kind of waist a girl might actually have.
    you could have a 25 inch waist with a fat belly and a muffin top over your jeans. would you consider her skinny compared to the girl with a 30inch waist who has a relatively little fat around her stomach and strong toned abdominal muscles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DubNside

Apparently the perfect hip-to-waist ratio is 0.7!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Reyman you must be very skinny, or at least, used to be. I'm 11 and a half stone, over 6ft, and wear a 32" jeans, as do most of my friends, 29" is definately on the skinny/slight side for a man....lol, speaking about sizes, I can fit into my girlfriends pants, she's not fat but she has large hips and waist :D

ps - don't ask how I found out

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Reyman wrote:

That´s totally ridiculous. I'm 5'10" with a waist of 30". Does that mean that if a 5'6" man has a waist of 30", I am fat?? People are forgetting about height here. If I had the same measurements as I do now, but was 10" shorter, yeah I would be fat. But I'm not.

Very few of the other posters here have put their heights so I can't tell if anyone is "fat" or not, nor can you.

I'm not too sure that height and waist size are too closely correlated.
    Someone with a waist of 30" and a height of 5'6" could hardly be justified in having a waist of 33" if they were 6'0" (say 10% diferential). The difference in waist size should be quite small --- so your height doesn't get you off the hook !

At 5'11" , 12 stone and 32" waist I'd be definitely carrying an extra stone from my peak fitness.
    I'd say the gals who have 30" waists here are also somewhat similar -- maybe a bit on the 'tubby' side.

Ehh, don't women retain fat more than men naturally speaking? So aren't we supposed to actually have larger waists? Unless the guys are built wide anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

34-24-34 (last time I checked!) I got the best pair of jeans the other day in BT2's. They're deisel and were a bit pricey (165) but they are so worth it, and they're really long! Ooh, and if you buy a pair of jeans there, you get a 40 euro voucher! So it's really like they were only 125...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

This might make all you skinny people feel better, I don't know my chest size but waist is 32 and hips are 39, I'm on weight watchers and they're decreasing by the day so hopefully in a couple of weeks, I'll be posting that I bought 7 jeans to fit my new 26, 33 figure (hey I can dream ok!!):mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

This thread is no good without pics !!!! :p

I'm getting closer to those 7 jeans, 30"waist 37"hips!:D

fabcat wrote:
    , I don't know my chest size but waist is 32 and hips are 39, :

Pretty good shape -- 7" waist to hips separation . Very attractive - close enough to the perfect 10¨"

Reyman wrote:
    Pretty good shape -- 7" waist to hips separation . Very attractive - close enough to the perfect 10¨"

i thought you just said anything over a 30" waist was fat? :rolleyes:

make up yer mind

• Advertisement

Reyman wrote:

I'm a 14, far off a 'perfect 10' thanks though :D

Seraphina wrote:
    i thought you just said anything over a 30" waist was fat? :rolleyes:

7-10 inches waist to hips overcomes all kinds of scruples

Advertisement