Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Henry Interview on Sky (post-CL final)

• 18-05-2006 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got a link to Henry's post match interview on Sky Sports last night? From the various threads around it would appear he was quite ungracious?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I have it here if you if you want it. Might take a while to find/upload. Is it the one on the pitch you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

i think it was a heat of the moment thing, after so close to winning, probably a bit over the top. if he goes to barcelona, i think there will be some people not to happy to see him. not a great way to impress possible future teammates, especially the ones who you will fighting to get a first team place.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I have it here if you if you want it. Might take a while to find/upload. Is it the one on the pitch you want?

Just went looking through the recording and it turns out someone changed the Channel to ITV. No Henry interview there. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

MrJoeSoap wrote:

Not sure where it was conducted. I had to head out immediately after the game, seemingly there is one on Sky Sports where he badmouths Et'o & Ronaldinho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

To be honest and im no arsenal fan but i thought he was right! He didn't bad mouth Ron or Sam per say, he just said apart from his goal he didn't see Eto'o all night nor did he see Ronaldinho. He also said that it was only when Larsson came on they looked good as he was the only one that made a difference. Now to me Eto'o was very good last night but Ronnie was a huge disappointment and so I agreed with him on that point and also the Larsson point. The ref was woeful and in my opinion it smacked of a uefa setup. After the Milan game and sheva's perfectly good goal ruled out for no reason what so ever (they still haven't been given a reason!) I said this is a fix job, Uefa want barca's name on that cup regardless.

Does anyone know the reason for this though? I'm going to assume the WC refs are there because they are the best in the business. Now Europe being the football super power of the world is sending a lot of ref's to the finals there fore they are rated as the best in Europe. Why on earth wasn't one of those the CL final ref? Why did they pick a guy reffing in the Norwegan league who is not rated highly enough for a WC place?

• Advertisement

bruachain wrote:
    Not sure where it was conducted. I had to head out immediately after the game, seemingly there is one on Sky Sports where he badmouths Et'o & Ronaldinho?
    I was in the pub so couldn't hear what he was saying, but he was talking to Eto'o for a little while.

What he apparently said was:

"Henrik Larsson was the difference but I didn't see Ronaldinho and I didn't see Eto'o."

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Henry told BBC Sport: "We haven't got anything out of the final, despite all our hard work.

"I was kicked all over the place. I expected the referee to do his job. I don't think he did."

Henry also reacted angrily when asked about his future: "Listen, let's talk about some proper questions."

"I'm not usually a troublemaker, but I've just seen the television and Eto'o's goal was offside.

"It was always going to difficult to play Barcelona. But with 10 men that is almost impossible.

"Jens probably deserved to be sent off - there is nothing to be said about that. But in the first half Rafael Marquez and Carles Puyol went right through me and they didn't even get a yellow.

"Then I got the ball in front of the bench and Mark Van Bommel kicks me and I end up getting a yellow."

Henry added: "When you see Eto'o is offside it kills you. It kills you because you've been defending and running.

"I was dead after an hour. I was trying to do some stuff when Alex Hleb gave me that amazing ball, I tried to go as far as I could and hit the ball, but I just couldn't.

"It's just sad. You can lose, but to lose like that.

"I tried to do what I could and try and defend and try and bring the ball back and help the team, but if they allow an offside goal it is going to be even more difficult.

"Everyone was talking about Ronaldinho before the game. I didn't see him today and I didn't see Eto'o," he said.

"Henrik Larsson made the difference by setting up two goals. That was the key.

"We can be proud, we can be more than proud, but, I'm sorry, some of the refereeing today was horrendous."
    Is this the one in question?

iregk wrote:
    I said this is a fix job, Uefa want barca's name on that cup regardless.

Nonsense. The referee was awful but he wasn't biased, just crap.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Nonsense. The referee was awful but he wasn't biased, just crap.

i agree with you there. he was crap, but no decision he made cost them the game. no bias, just some god awful decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

If you take out the refs worst decisions it would be 2-0 to Barcelona.

The Barca disallowed goal

The dive for Arsenals free kick - In fact Eboue was booked during the first 20 minutes, this should have been a booking and therefore a sending off!

The off side goal that stood

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Might as well join in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Those are freakin great! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

ROFL!! Class :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

nipplenuts wrote:
    If you take out the refs worst decisions it would be 2-0 to Barcelona.

The Barca disallowed goal

The dive for Arsenals free kick - In fact Eboue was booked during the first 20 minutes, this should have been a booking and therefore a sending off!

The off side goal that stood

well that is ridiculous tbh. since when is football just simple maths? If the barca goal hadve been allowed that wuold have been fine but they were gettin out played before that. not one thing in the matxch would have been the same,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

^^

Exactly. So whinging about the performance of the referee means nothing, as there's no guarantee Arsenal would have scored if the Barca goal had stood, and they may have lost 1-0, or 4-0. Nobody knows.

Just saw the Henry interview on Sky News. Looked very angry.

Can't see him being great mates with Henry/Eto'o if he goes!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Can't see him being great mates with Henry/Eto'o if he goes!

He is not mates with himself :eek:

Kingp35 wrote:
    He is not mates with himself :eek:

Haha, meant Ronnie! Though after last night...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

evad_lhorg wrote:
    well that is ridiculous tbh. since when is football just simple maths? If the barca goal hadve been allowed that wuold have been fine but they were gettin out played before that. not one thing in the matxch would have been the same,

Of course it's ridiculous, and Arsenal were two goals weaker on the night. In fact, cast your mind back to the howls of "cheats" from Arsenal the day Rooney dived to end their unbeaten run, and note that was the only way they could score last night.

Sadly for Henry, I suspect his last act for Arsenal will be to get a fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Everyone's talking bout Eboue's dive. What about Deco's? Van Bommel kicking Arsenal players? Marquez and Puyol kicking Henry? Lot's of claims of Sky being biased when there is an enormous amount here too.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

BTW was there a blatant foul on an arsenal player just before the move for the first goal that went unpunished ? I thought there was but as it was not mentioned I assumed that I am just going mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

gangsta, barca players got away with a hell of a lot but fans of certain teams who are bitter wont ever admit it. while eboues did dive, so did a lot of barca players. i think if you ask the people that are whinging on about how eboue dived, barcas goal should have stood (and if you think that, then you must believe the ref can UNBLOW his whistle, then you are an idiot), blah blah blah, they will probably support either a london team or united.

now i could be wrong about that, but i dont think i am. whatever about londons teams hating Arsenal, fair enough - i wouldnt say the same crap if it was Everton, but heh what do i know i like football! but united fans have been fairly poor on this forum, particularly one who has been banned, but especially some ways united have won over the years, ie. Rooneys dive against Sol Campbell. its disgraceful and i hope Arsenal beat the living hell out of United next season so you can come back on here and tell these people where to go.

and henry has a right to be pi$$ed.

Call_me_al wrote:
    i think if you ask the people that are whinging on about how eboue dived, barcas goal should have stood (and if you think that, then you must believe the ref can UNBLOW his whistle, then you are an idiot), blah blah blah, they will probably support either a london team or united.

I'm a Spurs fan and a Barca fan (have been since the season they lost the CL 4-0 to Milan) so was doubly joyous on Wednesday night. I hate Arsenal.

That aside, I think Eboue's dive should not have resulted in a free, and the Barca goal should have stood with Lehmann red-carded afterwards. There's no dennying the officials were poor, and that applies to decisions made against both teams. Arsenal can complain all they want about bias, but IMO the two decisions above were the worst in the game (closely followed by Henry's yellow for a great tackle), and both worked against Barca (goal ruled out, then a goal conceeded)

As for "he dived, no you're player dived"...if there's one thing this thread shows its that no team is without sin in relation to the black arts of the game. That said, people in glasshouses really shouldn't throw stones, and the biggest glasshouse I know of is in N5 and is often referred to as the Library,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Its surprising that when Mourinho comes out and berates the officials he gets a touchline ban and a fine, when Henry does it .. nothing happens.

UEFA consistency at its best.

growler wrote:
    Its surprising that when Mourinho comes out and berates the officials he gets a touchline ban and a fine, when Henry does it .. nothing happens.

Not often I say this about Chelsea, but totally agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Gangsta wrote:
    Everyone's talking bout Eboue's dive. What about Deco's? Van Bommel kicking Arsenal players? Marquez and Puyol kicking Henry? Lot's of claims of Sky being biased when there is an enormous amount here too.:rolleyes:

Did Deco's dive cost Arsenal a goal? No.

Nobody has said Barcelona didn't foul players, but the fact is the most contentious decisions in the game cost Barcelona more than Arsenal. As for Puyol and Marquez "kicking" Henry, I can recall Marquez going through the back of Henry, a tackle he should have been booked for but wasn't, I don't recall Puyol kicking or even fouling Henry, I do recall too many missed tackles though where Henry skinned him.
    When did Van Bommel kick an Arsenal player? The only player that kicked anyone was Eboue, who creased Van Bronkhorst after the ball was long gone.

SUPAR MEGA ROLLEYEZ!!!!

Makaveli wrote:
    Did Deco's dive cost Arsenal a goal? No.

Nobody has said Barcelona didn't foul players, but the fact is the most contentious decisions in the game cost Barcelona more than Arsenal. As for Puyol and Marquez "kicking" Henry, I can recall Marquez going through the back of Henry, a tackle he should have been booked for but wasn't, I don't recall Puyol kicking or even fouling Henry, I do recall too many missed tackles though where Henry skinned him.
    When did Van Bommel kick an Arsenal player? The only player that kicked anyone was Eboue, who creased Van Bronkhorst after the ball was long gone.

SUPAR MEGA ROLLEYEZ!!!!
    Doesn't matter that his dive didn't cost them a goal, that isn't the point. He tried to fool the ref and get a free kick which could have cost arsenal a goal, that was the intention which is the point.

Just because you can't recall the events of the match doesn't mean they didn't happen. Watch it again.

Finally spell "super" right will you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Gangsta wrote:
    Doesn't matter that his dive didn't cost them a goal, that isn't the point. He tried to fool the ref and get a free kick which could have cost arsenal a goal, that was the intention which is the point.
    I don't understand what point you're making. You're trying to say that Barca got away with a lot of things but what point are you making about Deco? He didn't get away with his dive, Eboue did and it cost Barca a goal. I can't recall a tackle on an Arsenal player that deserved a booking which wasn't given. Henry deserved his booking. Whether he got the ball or not, it was a reckless challenge and he took the player with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

growler wrote:

Yeah, but he brought up accusations which may have been false, and resulted in uefa's highest ranking ref to retire. Henry just said what everyone was already saying. Even sepp blatter agreed.

Yeah, but he brought up accusations which may have been false, and resulted in uefa's highest ranking ref to retire. Henry just said what everyone was already saying. Even sepp blatter agreed.
    Sepp Blatter's main point was about the ref not playing "advantage". How in the name of God can a team complain about the opposition not gaining a better advantage? :confused: I think we all know that Barca gained a better advantage by having Lehmann sent off. Therefore, letting Guily's goal stand and keeping Lehmann on the pitch would not have been an advantage so the ref was right to play it by the rules of the game.

It depends how you see it but since a lot of Arsenal fans are complaining that the ref should have played "advantage", they certainly don't see it as a Barca advantage.

Gangsta wrote:

Just because you can't recall the events of the match doesn't mean they didn't happen. Watch it again.

Finally spell "super" right will you?

As Eirebhoy said Deco didn't get away with his dive and Eboue did, Eboue got a freekick, in essence he did dupe the ref unlike Deco.

How about you try watching the game and see just how bad Barcelona were when it came to fouling. Maybe try watching it with a less partisan stance and come back and post. Van Bommel has been singeled out by the media based on what happened when he played for PSV against Arsenal last season and in reality all he did on Wednesday night was put himself about, yet you'd swear from comments on here and in the media that all he did was foul people. What about St Henry's little kick at Valdes? Nobody mentioned that.

Finally, no.

Makaveli wrote:
    When did Van Bommel kick an Arsenal player?

when he stood on fabregas's foot just before henry's yellow card. he also fouled lundburg at least once. if henry's was a yellow then most of what the barca players did should seen red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

henrycard8bu.jpg

DSC03898b.jpg

seen as everyone else is joining in :)

• Advertisement

ghost26ie wrote:
    when he stood on fabregas's foot just before henry's yellow card. he also fouled lundburg at least once. if henry's was a yellow then most of what the barca players did should seen red.

How is standing on someones foot kicking them?

I never said anything about Henry's yellow so I'm not seeing the relevance to the rest of your post.

Makaveli wrote:
    How is standing on someones foot kicking them?

I never said anything about Henry's yellow so I'm not seeing the relevance to the rest of your post.

its a foul still, and he never got booked for it. he wasnt the only barca player to do it. and it wasnt the only foul he committed. the relevance in it, its how one perfectedly good tackle was handled compared to some of the fouls.

I hadn't realised that every foul comitted by an arsenal player always resulted in the correct action being taken by the officials, I'll have to pay closer attention in future.

Frisk claimed he retired because of unproven allegations of death threats he subsequently received from supposed Chelsea fans , how exactly you work out that Mourinho is responsible for the actions of all Chelsea fans? If a deluded arsenal fan in china posts a "Hauge should be shot" on some web forum, should Henry receive a ban ? Blatter ? ( now that would be funny)

One set of rules for Arsenal it seems. Any neutral would also have felt that Frisk showed a bias towards barca last year. He was accused of speaking with Rijkaard at half time, that was subsequently shown to be true.

eirebhoy wrote:
    I don't understand what point you're making. You're trying to say that Barca got away with a lot of things but what point are you making about Deco? He didn't get away with his dive, Eboue did and it cost Barca a goal. I can't recall a tackle on an Arsenal player that deserved a booking which wasn't given. Henry deserved his booking. Whether he got the ball or not, it was a reckless challenge and he took the player with him.

I never said Barca got away with a lot of things but he did get away with the dive as he wasn't booked for it which he should have been. DECO TRIED TO COST ARSENAL BY DIVING IN AN ATTEMPT TO GET A FREE-KICK IN A DANGEROUS POSITION WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF THE ARSENAL PLAYER GETTING BOOKED. What is so hard to understand about that? That is against the rules and merits a yellow.

Henry did not deserve a booking, it was a great challenge. Reckless my hole, how many great tackles have u seen that a player completely gets the ball and the dispossessed falls in the process?
    Makaveli wrote:
    As Eirebhoy said Deco didn't get away with his dive and Eboue did, Eboue got a freekick, in essence he did dupe the ref unlike Deco.

How about you try watching the game and see just how bad Barcelona were when it came to fouling. Maybe try watching it with a less partisan stance and come back and post. Van Bommel has been singeled out by the media based on what happened when he played for PSV against Arsenal last season and in reality all he did on Wednesday night was put himself about, yet you'd swear from comments on here and in the media that all he did was foul people. What about St Henry's little kick at Valdes? Nobody mentioned that.

Finally, no.

So players can dive and if it doesn't work then no harm done?:rolleyes:

I've seen the game so how about no, I won't watch it again. Van Bommel did quite a bit of fouling as has already been mentioned.

• Advertisement

Sarge wrote:
    henrycard8bu.jpg

7/10, would be funnier if he was the best player in the world...;)

Gangsta wrote:
    I never said Barca got away with a lot of things but he did get away with the dive as he wasn't booked for it which he should have been. DECO TRIED TO COST ARSENAL BY DIVING IN AN ATTEMPT TO GET A FREE-KICK IN A DANGEROUS POSITION WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF THE ARSENAL PLAYER GETTING BOOKED. What is so hard to understand about that? That is against the rules and merits a yellow.
    The point you were making is that Barca got away with a few things that they shouldn't have. Eboue got away with his dive, Deco didn't.

He did, he wasn't booked.

Advertisement