Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mixing up sections on the answering book cover

Options
  • 18-05-2006 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

I think I mixed up the section A and section B on the cover of the answering books... The question numbers are 1-4 on one sections and 5-8 on the other, and I wrote the right question numbers on the front... Will there be any confusion when the scripts are handed out to the examiners? Can they refuse to correct your script because you have put the wrong sections?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I wouldn't worry about it mate... It's just done like that cos different lecturers correct different parts of the course (AFAIK), so they're split up. It'll just be a case of one of the lecturers noticing it, and bringing it up to the other lecturer's office or whatever, and then continuing on correcting. They won't refuse to correct it... you're human and they're human, and they'll know that you were nervous, too.

Don't worry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

DaveMcG wrote:
    I wouldn't worry about it mate... It's just done like that cos different lecturers correct different parts of the course (AFAIK), so they're split up. It'll just be a case of one of the lecturers noticing it, and bringing it up to the other lecturer's office or whatever, and then continuing on correcting. They won't refuse to correct it... you're human and they're human, and they'll know that you were nervous, too.

Don't worry ;)

*paranoia released*

Thanks for that - since they are in the same dept (and they are really nice lecturers) I'm sure they will accept it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

Yeah no big problem. You answered the question at the end of the day. We might curse you momentarily :D (if we've corrected everything all ready), but that'd be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Yea you'll be fine. Lecturers are just lazy and don't like looking thru a single script for the one question they have to mark. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I don't think any lecturer would be sadistic enough to mark you down for that.
    They understand people are under pressure and make mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

You'll be grand - one of the girls in my class was using her christmas exam number for the first two days of exams - no bother, normally it only makes a difference if two different lecturers correct the different sections and they'll just switch them with each other - i'd say it happens loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

As already said there will be no prob.

One of the lecturers will get all the scripts.

They they usually meet up to split them up, or one corrects his parts and then gives them to the other to correct his.

They only use seperate answer books for convenience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

flodis79 wrote:
    I think I mixed up the section A and section B on the cover of the answering books... The question numbers are 1-4 on one sections and 5-8 on the other, and I wrote the right question numbers on the front... Will there be any confusion when the scripts are handed out to the examiners? Can they refuse to correct your script because you have put the wrong sections?

If they did that for all students there would be a REVOLUTION its that common man.

Advertisement