Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heelys

Options
  • 18-05-2006 1:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where I'd get Heelys in Cork? I tries Champion Sports in Mahon Point, they reckon they won't have any until June. Children's sizes. (Not for me!)

Is there a skate shop in Cork?

adam

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Don't think there's a dedicated skate shop in town.

You could try Smyth's or the Mathews Centre.

I don't like them heely things, all the little girls roll around work and annoy me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I think one of my nieces has a pair of those (or at least, something like them). I've texted my sister to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

my daughter of 5 informed me she wants them, so yes, i will also need to know where to get them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The lad reckons that they have them in Smyths, so we're going in there shortly. I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Just heard back from my sister who said Smyths for about €90 and Champion Sports for about €110. They tend to fly out the door whenever they come in so you need to be lucky it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Not meaning to detract from the fine purpose of this thread, but...those things remind me of Soapshoes rather a lot.

(As it turns out, there's good reason for the resemblance.)

Can one of you child-owning types tell me what their appeal is, according to the wee ones?

Smyths don't have any, unfortunately. Same as Champion, won't be in until June. Don't want to buy them on t'internet, in case they're an odd fit. The lad'll just have to wait I suppose.

Fysh, the geeky looking dickwad on American Hot Rod wears them. That's probably the appeal. Kids today, huh?

adam /desperately trying to convert everybody from the awful pimp my ride to the less awful overhaulin

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

I saw them in Tubes a couple of months back.

Where's Tubes?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

it's the mathews centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

tubes is that surf shop in the ah....whats the name of that fecking dive....?
    you know the group of shops that is just off Paul Street while you're walking towards the Opera House, its right on the corner there. THATS IT!

I was going to say Queens Old Castle, but then i would have been very wrong, i still can't remember the name of the place, this is going to haunt me now......
    it's the mathews centre.

^ :)

Poor old Rollo nearly exploded with frustration there. :)

Thanks, both of ye. I'll take a look there next week.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

You could always try the toy section of Tescos in WIlton or Douglas... or World of Wonder in Blackpool (well beyond Blackpool in the North Point Business Park)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Fysh wrote:

Can one of you child-owning types tell me what their appeal is, according to the wee ones?

i think she thought they were magic shoes for a while, cos you cant see the wheels and when we were at the zoo recently there were a few kids that just wizzed past ...without moving their legs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 braveheart1983

You are probably able to buy Heelys via the internet from the US or UK or elsewhere.

FlyWalk sell Heelys in the UK they may be able to send them to Ireland? Or shoes.com I think do in the US.

Didn't want to get them on the Internet in case the size was out of whack with normal, and I'm glad I didn't because they are: passed Smyths a couple of days ago and they'd just got them in so I bought a pair size 4, cos that's The Boy's size. Had to take them back today because they didn't fit, in fact even the 5 was just a smidge on the tight side.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Tree wrote:
    Don't think there's a dedicated skate shop in town.

You could try Smyth's or the Mathews Centre.

I don't like them heely things, all the little girls roll around work and annoy me

Yup there is Prime Time on Washington Street.

Also try Matthews Center on Paul St.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Yup, they're quite tight fitting. Buy at least 2 sizes bigger than normal. I've had to ban them from my taekwon do classes. Half the kids are convinced that they can train in those yokes!

Advertisement