Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racism and After Hours

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

You would apologise if you had any sense at all, which makes me believe you really are thick. Can't string 2 words together? Really?
    You are so wrong, I just want to strangle you, really.
    I did not "start on about my wife" for the nonsensical reason you said. Why can you not read English and understand what was written????? I twice said I mentioned it to explain that it made me more sensitive to the issue. You then claimed I couldn't give examples, which I did, and you still won't admit u are wrong. I have not been calling people racist ad nauseum - what's wrong with you? I suspect quite a lot is, but anyway.
    So, to summarise, you owe me an apology (any reasonable person would admit this), but you're not man enough or reasonable enough to do this. I'm not going anywhere until you apologise....so I guess that'll be a long time.

You've really flipped the lid this time havnt you buddy?I can almost hear your saliva hitting the computer screen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Doctor Fell

Degsy wrote:
    You've really flipped the lid this time havnt you buddy?I can almost hear your saliva hitting the computer screen!

"Buddy"??? :confused: Don't think so. Now apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

What race is your Wife Doctor Fell? Or if you do not feel comfortable reveeling this, what race are the people from the country of her birth?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

this thread is better than big brother anyday...its so entertaining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

You would apologise if you had any sense at all, which makes me believe you really are thick. Can't string 2 words together? Really?
    Q.E.D. Again.
    I twice said I mentioned it to explain that it made me more sensitive to the issue.
    Cry me a river.

I grew up in Ireland in a time before the present level of immigration when the only person around with darker skin than me was Phil Lynott. So your ‘sensitivity’ based upon your marrying a blonde from another country has got to be the most condescendingly moronic thing I’ve heard in a long time.
    I have not been calling people racist ad nauseum - what's wrong with you? I suspect quite a lot is, but anyway.
    You have not accused anyone of racism even thought you reckon we are. LOL.

• Advertisement

Hobart wrote:
    What race is your Wife Doctor Fell? Or if you do not feel comfortable reveeling this, what race are the people from the country of her birth?

No, this is getting too personal for my liking. I respond and you reply with some smart ass comment about her, no thanks. I thought I already said, anyways.
    This isn't the anti - Doctor Fell thread, is it?

Hobart wrote:

My (earlier) point exactly!!

Vegeta wrote:
    this thread is better than big brother anyday...its so entertaining

hush brother..you dont want people knowing you watch bb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

No, this is getting too personal for my liking. I respond and you reply with some smart ass comment about her, no thanks. I thought I already said, anyways.
    This isn't the anti - Doctor Fell thread, is it?
    Wooo there. You are the one who offered your wife as an example, not anybody else. Now I even given you a get out clause by asking you to leave her out of it, and tell us what you believe the predominant race within her country of origin is.

You are digging a hole here, you do realise that, don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Degsy wrote:
    hush brother..you dont want people knowing you watch bb!!

ooops...who's this big brother you speak of Degsy Senior maybe ;)

• Advertisement

I grew up in Ireland in a time before the present level of immigration when the only person around with darker skin than me was Phil Lynott. So your ‘sensitivity’ based upon your marrying a blonde from another country has got to be the most condescendingly moronic thing I’ve heard in a long time.

You have not accused anyone of racism even thought you reckon we are. LOL.

"I grew up in Ireland in a time before the present level of immigration when the only person around with darker skin than me was Phil Lynott. "

Cry me a river yourself. Too bad for you. So I suppose that gives you the moral highground, does it.

Your presumption about my wife and our life truly is moronic. My initial point however is perfectly valid.

"You have not accused anyone of racism even thought you reckon we are."
    Where the hell did I say that?????

lol indeed, you stubborn ass. He hah, he hah, wow there Corinth.

"I grew up in Ireland in a time before the present level of immigration when the only person around with darker skin than me was Phil Lynott. "

Cry me a river yourself. Too bad for you. So I suppose that gives you the moral highground, does it.

Your presumption about my wife and our life truly is moronic. My initial point however is perfectly valid.

lol indeed, you stubborn ass. He hah, he hah, wow there Corinth.

Babble babble.You started all this tripe and now you're lashing around you feverishly because you cant deal with whats been said to you.

Now i think of it i reckon the polish wife bit is a fib too..

Degsy wrote:
    Babble babble.You started all this tripe and now you're lashing around you feverishly because you cant deal with whats been said to you.

Now i think of it i reckon the polish wife bit is a fib too..

Hmmm, I don't know how to respond to such idiocy.
    I started it? I believe RoundTower 2 started this thread. I contributed, you also waded in with full guns blazing, complaining about getting banned (ha ha!). Oh yes, now that I think of it, you're right - I'm not married at all! Silly me. (BTW it's Polish, not polish). He he, what a crazy fib.

I don’t claim it does, as I’m only mentioning it to show how moronic your own attempts to conscript your wife into giving you a moral high ground are.
    Your presumption about my wife and our life truly is moronic.
    I’ve made no presumptions about you life with your wife. However you’ve made the presumption that because you married a foreigner you’re somehow uniquely ‘sympathetic’ to the question of racism in Ireland in this discussion.

You’re not. There are plenty of people here who have direct experience on the subject of racism or prejudice in Ireland. You’re the only one here who’s decided to try and leverage it in the argument.
    You deny accusing anyone of racism then make a blanket accusation that you suspect many are. I don’t think you’re even aware of how two faced that is. As for where you said that - I quoted you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I started it? I believe RoundTower 2 started this thread. I contributed, you also waded in with full guns blazing, complaining about getting banned (ha ha!). Oh yes, now that I think of it, you're right - I'm not married at all! Silly me. (BTW it's Polish, not polish). He he, what a crazy fib.

Does your wife know you're a racist homophobe. Is your wife Black, what wrong with white people?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No more personal insults please guys and gals*.

*blonde or non-blonde

I don’t claim it does, as I’m only mentioning it to show how moronic your own attempts to conscript your wife into giving you a moral high ground are.

I’ve made no presumptions about you life with your wife. However you’ve made the presumption that because you married a foreigner you’re somehow uniquely ‘sympathetic’ to the question of racism in Ireland in this discussion.

You’re not. There are plenty of people here who have direct experience on the subject of racism or prejudice in Ireland. You’re the only one here who’s decided to try and leverage it in the argument.

You deny accusing anyone of racism then make a blanket accusation that you suspect many are. I don’t think you’re even aware of how two faced that is.

Can't believe I'm getting drawn into this, but you need to be set straight on this....again.
    I don’t claim it does, as I’m only mentioning it to show how moronic your own attempts to conscript your wife into giving you a moral high ground are..
    No, you were attempting to gain a moral victory by mentioning it. I did not attempt to "conscript my wife" to gain the moral high ground. I already possess it:D
    ’ve made no presumptions about you life with your wife. However you’ve made the presumption that because you married a foreigner you’re somehow uniquely ‘sympathetic’ to the question of racism in Ireland in this discussion..

No I did not make that presumption at all, you have presumed I made that assumption, so you are wrong ....again.
    You’re not. There are plenty of people here who have direct experience on the subject of racism or prejudice in Ireland. You’re the only one here who’s decided to try and leverage it in the argument..

You're presuming again I don't. I have not tried (as I said repeatedly) to leverage it in at all. I made that quite clear. Why can't you get that?
    You deny accusing anyone of racism then make a blanket accusation that you suspect many are. I don’t think you’re even aware of how two faced that is.
    I did not deny accussing anyone of racism, I denied accussing everyone of racism. It's not a blanket statement, but there certainly are people with racist views on AH. No doubt about it, and of course I make no apology for saying that, no matter how much people scream "you can't say racist" or whatever. It is not 2 faced at all, it is a simple distinction really - I sadi some people are, not everyone. OK?

LiouVille wrote:
    Does your wife know you're a racist homophobe. Is your wife Black, what wrong with white people?

I'm reporting you for calling me a racist homophobe, with no justification at all.
    Hope you get banned.

Floor Polish?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

I'm reporting you for calling me a racist homophobe, with no justification at all.
    Hope you get banned.

If you scroll back to page 8 of this thread - there is a quoted example there of where you had been making accusations of racist on an AH thread (against someone called ferdi i think). As far as I can make out the last 6-7 pages were spent trying to get you to justify that.

• Advertisement

ChityWest wrote:
    If you scroll back to page 8 of this thread - there is a quoted example there of where you had been making accusations of racist on an AH thread (against someone called ferdi i think).

Ye I know, and also against Hagar and Woody. I apologised to Hagar, not to Woody, and I don't think ferdi was too bothered about it, fair play to him.

ChityWest wrote:
    If you scroll back to page 8 of this thread - there is a quoted example there of where you had been making accusations of racist on an AH thread (against someone called ferdi i think).

Ye I know, and also against Hagar and Woody. I apologised to Hagar, not to Woody, and I don't think ferdi was too bothered about it, fair play to him.

So just to re-cap its ok for you to call other people racist without backing it up - then, if, as a result of an ensuing argument where you are asked to explain yourself if somone calls you the same you demand their banning ? I honestly dont know if you were joking on that last one - I could be reading you wrong here.

ChityWest wrote:
    So just to re-cap its ok for you to call other people racist without backing it up - then, if, as a result of an ensuing argument where you are asked to explain yourself if somone calls you the same you demand their banning ? I honestly dont know if you were joking on that last one - I could be reading you wrong here.

No I did back it up every time. Not to repeat myself, but it's there in my posts. OK? I certainly did back it up. I've never once called someone racist without backing it up, and I challenge you to prove otherwise.
    And besides, if they feel aggrieved they should report me. I'm certainly reporting that guy for calling me a racist homophobe.

*Oh, and can I say again that at least I admitted I was wrong about Hagar, unlike some people who can't seem to do the same.

No I did back it up every time. Not to repeat myself, but it's there in my posts. OK? I certainly did back it up. I've never once called someone racist without backing it up, and I challenge you to prove otherwise.
    And besides, if they feel aggrieved they should report me. I'm certainly reporting that guy for calling me a racist homophobe.

Your the one making the accusation - you are the person who needs to prove it. I am not convinced at all.

No, you were attempting to gain a moral victory by mentioning it. I did not attempt to "conscript my wife" to gain the moral high ground. I already possess it:D
    You don’t and I’ve explained why. I have only mentioned my background in response to you mentioning your wife’s, nothing more - you’re the one who’s made claims that your wife’s background gave you a ‘sympathy’ with the problem.
    No I did not make that presumption at all, you have presumed I made that assumption, so you are wrong ....again.
    No, you’ve repeatedly cited that you had a ‘sympathy’ with the subject based upon your foreign wife (or not, as there appears to be the possibility that you’ve lied about that too). Like it or not that is a clear example of someone attempting to use a personal connection or experience to leverage moral high ground.
    You're presuming again I don't. I have not tried (as I said repeatedly) to leverage it in at all. I made that quite clear. Why can't you get that?
    Up until I rebutted it, you were the only person who had brought up any personal detail with the intention to leverage a moral high ground in the discussion. Was suggesting that you had ‘sympathy’ based upon your marriage another irrelevant point like never getting a Nigerian email?
    I did not deny accussing anyone of racism, I denied accussing everyone of racism. It's not a blanket statement, but there certainly are people with racist views on AH. No doubt about it, and of course I make no apology for saying that, no matter how much people scream "you can't say racist" or whatever. It is not 2 faced at all, it is a simple distinction really - I sadi some people are, not everyone. OK?
    You “suspect quite a lot” are, that’s not just some - and that is “calling people racist ad nauseum” despite your denial.

Chitty, perhaps you could answer this:
    you have posted that anyone who calls someone a racist should be banned. So should Louisville be banned or not?

Chitty, perhaps you could answer this:
    you have posted that anyone who calls someone a racist should be banned. So should Louisville be banned or not?

I think in the context of a feedback thread where people are talking about the fact that you had made that same allegation ? - I am not sure to be honest.

Certainly he should not be banned before your good self (in my opinion).

If anyone else is going to be banned I think that the context should be taken into consideration, i.e this whole thread in its entirety - + the AH one as well. I mean in the middle of all those (afghan) discussions I was called an arsehole by somone (soc.politics) who was dualposting at the time. I accepted that persons apology and didnt report them for it.

In this case here I have no problem if mods decide not to ban anyone - I do however think that in future people who BEGIN to argue their case by slinging accusations of racism about the place should be made to explain themselves.

You don’t and I’ve explained why. I have only mentioned my background in response to you mentioning your wife’s, nothing more - you’re the one who’s made claims that your wife’s background gave you a ‘sympathy’ with the problem.

No, you’ve repeatedly cited that you had a ‘sympathy’ with the subject based upon your foreign wife (or not, as there appears to be the possibility that you’ve lied about that too). Like it or not that is a clear example of someone attempting to use a personal connection or experience to leverage moral high ground.

Up until I rebutted it, you were the only person who had brought up any personal detail with the intention to leverage a moral high ground in the discussion. Was suggesting that you had ‘sympathy’ based upon your marriage another irrelevant point like never getting a Nigerian email?

You “suspect quite a lot” are, that’s not just some - and that is “calling people racist ad nauseum” despite your denial.

Once again....You have repeatedly quoted me as having "sympathy" for this issue. This is a prime example of your incorrectness. I said I have sensitivity. Try and get it right if you're going to quote me. As for the rest, my previous reply to you answers your points.

• Advertisement

And Corinthian, less of the personal abuse too, like calling me a liar. I don't care what you believe about me, but don't call me that all the same, or else it'll just end up in schoolground tit-for-tat name calling. Cool?

Advertisement