Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racism and After Hours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

And Corinthian, less of the personal abuse too, like calling me a liar. I don't care what you believe about me, but don't call me that all the same, or else it'll just end up in schoolground tit-for-tat name calling. Cool?

This is getting a bit unbelievable - unless I am mistaken you accused somone of lying on page 6-7 of this thread also ? I am out of this thread - its gone a bit too wacky for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Doctor Fell

ChityWest wrote:
    This is getting a bit unbelievable - unless I am mistaken you accused somone of lying on page 6-7 of this thread also ? I am out of this thread - its gone a bit too wacky for me.

See ya, going to miss you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Once again....You have repeatedly quoted me as having "sympathy" for this issue. This is a prime example of your incorrectness. I said I have sensitivity. Try and get it right if you're going to quote me. As for the rest, my previous reply to you answers your points.
    OK sensitivity, the rest of my post stands. You still have not replied to anything, you've spotted a semantic error and pushed emphasis onto it so that the inadequacy of the rest of your reply would go unnoticed.

You’re retuning to your tactic of offence and misdirection I note.

OK sensitivity, the rest of my post stands. You still have not replied to anything, you've spotted a semantic error and pushed emphasis onto it so that the inadequacy of the rest of your reply would go unnoticed.

You’re retuning to your tactic of offence and misdirection I note.

No, I'm not! Did you read my post at all?? 2 replies ago I answered your points. I did reply, but you just write them again and say I don't reply. Are you taking the piss or what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

And you havnt convinced me that you havnt made up the whole polish wife thing to fast-track yourself some respect..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Personally I don't want to get embroiled in the argument again but I must say I'm a bit saddened watching you guys slug it out. Regardless of who is right or wrong.

Why doesn't everyone give this thread a rest for 24 hours and come back with cooler heads?

It's only the internet after all...

Degsy wrote:
    And you havnt convinced me that you havnt made up the whole polish wife thing to fast-track yourself some respect..

Ha, you'll be waiting. I don't care what you think. Personally I would prefer if you don't believe me, I hate thinking of people like you and my wife in the same thought. Get lost Degsy, take your own advice. Trying to get a rise out of me with your lack of capitalisation, or are you just stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Shut the hell up Hagar, its amusing the crap out of me.

Hagar wrote:
    Personally I don't want to get embroiled in the argument again but I must say I'm a bit saddened watching you guys slug it out. Regardless of who is right or wrong.

Why doesn't everyone give this thread a rest for 24 hours and come back with cooler heads?

It's only the internet after all...

True, but I am the one being attacked here, and they are quite personal attacks aswell. E.g racist homophobe, liar.
    Anyways, I'm leaving work now, so you guys will have no one to argue with until later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Yes, calling someone a racist IS quite a personal attack.

I think thats the only point that needs to be made here - its not something just to be flung around like it has been on AH. Some have been correct, some haven't.

• Advertisement

True, but I am the one being attacked here, and they are quite personal attacks aswell. E.g racist homophobe, liar.
    Anyways, I'm leaving work now, so you guys will have no one to argue with until later.

YOU STARTED THE RACIST NAME CALLING!!!!

I agree with the OP in that there is definitely racist posting going on in After Hours. It really annoys me tbh, and first off I want to apologise to Degsie for calling him a d*ckhead in the Afghan thread, but the amount of nonsense being posted about that case really got to me.
    I don't agree with the people saying that the racist tag is being bandied about without just cause. The fact is people in AH (and as OP said it happens in a lot of posts) do express racist views. Racist as in views which are prejudiced by the race of the people thay are talking about. There's nothing shocking about this I suppose, since imo a lot of Irish people are genuinely racist or xenophobic. I think people who spout this tripe need to be answered and corrected. You can't stay silent in the face of bigotry or hatred. I'm not trying to be a "bleeding heart" as some people said. Of course everyone has different opinions, and you should shouldn't talk about "entitlement" when it comes to opinions. People have certain opinions, being entitled to them isn't an issue. But what is an issue is whether these opinions should be tolerated.
    For example, if it was my opinion that rape and murder should be legal and common practice, and I was posting this sort of nonsense and sticking up for my beliefs, would it be tolerated? After all am I not entitled to my opinion?
    So it seems to me you have to draw the line somewhere. I agree these sort of threads should of course continue, but I think the sort of "all Nigerians are spongers etc" rant shouldn't be allowed.

See...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

No I did back it up every time. Not to repeat myself, but it's there in my posts. OK? I certainly did back it up. I've never once called someone racist without backing it up, and I challenge you to prove otherwise.
    And besides, if they feel aggrieved they should report me. I'm certainly reporting that guy for calling me a racist homophobe.

Dude you've clearly got race issues, and are incapable of see past race. sounds fairly racist to me. You also called me a **** when I pointed out your racism, sounds fairly homophobic. You are what you are. I'm not going to get banned for pointing out the truth. infact, I'm personally amazed you've not been banned already.

So Louis, because I pointed out that there are racist views in AH I clearly have race issues, therefore a racist?? That's a fantastic leap of logic, pure and simple. So no, I am not a racist, it's laughable of you to say it, but also insulting. And since we are discussing race I haven't had the opportunity to discuss anything else really, have I? Seeing past race is no problem for me I assure you.
    And Degsy, pointing out what I did is not racist name calling. What's wrong with pointing out there are racist points of view out there?? Nothing, that's what.
    And because you have "Homophobic...no seriously" in your sig, it is ironic to have called you a ****. It was in jest, and if you are gay or bisexual no offence. But I am not a homophobe and you've no justification in calling me either racist or homophobic. And you should be banned or at least warned about it. I can't believe you can just get away with it, because it is not the truth, and I feel very strongly about this.

Welcome back. I can get away with it, because it's pretty obvious to everyone in the thread. In my experience the people that shout Racist, or sexist or whatever the loudest, are often harboring some deep seeded bigotry of their own. the face that you've gone on a this little witch hunt, supports my conclusion.

Btw you called me a fag as an insult, really doesn't matter that you thought I wasn't one. If I called you a ****** as an Insult it really wouldn't matter If you where white, now would it. You're a god damn hypocrite. There is more to back up you being a homophobe then any of the people you listed as racist being racists.

Btw My name isn't Louis, Look up LiouVille.

LiouVille wrote:
    Welcome back. I can get away with it, because it's pretty obvious to everyone in the thread. In my experience the people that shout Racist, or sexist or whatever the loudest, are often harboring some deep seeded bigotry of their own. the face that you've gone on a this little witch hunt, supports my conclusion.

Btw you called me a fag as an insult, really doesn't matter that you thought I wasn't one. If I called you a ****** as an Insult it really wouldn't matter If you where white, now would it. You're a god damn hypocrite. There is more to back up you being a homophobe then any of the people you listed as racist being racists.

Btw My name isn't Louis, Look up LiouVille.

Louis, I'll stop calling you that when you stop insulting me. what evidence is there of me being a racist or homophobe, apart from you saying its obvious???
    Its not a witch hunt and how dare you call me racist again. I've reported you for it btw, and I don't think any sane person could agree with you, Louis. Nope, didn't call you a fag as an insult, explained that already. So is you calling me a racist homophobe not an insult?? Get off your ridiculously high horse and cop on. For all your ranting about insults, you are the real hypocrite - u call me a racist homophobe and u think its fine. What gives u carte blanche to go around throwing out accusations of racism and homophobia? Well wake up Louis, it isn't fine. You hypocritical insulting liar.

Louis, I'll stop calling you that when you stop insulting me. what evidence is there of me being a racist or homophobe, apart from you saying its obvious???
    Its not a witch hunt and how dare you call me racist again. I've reported you for it btw, and I don't think any sane person could agree with you, Louis. Nope, didn't call you a fag as an insult, explained that already. So is you calling me a racist homophobe not an insult?? Get off your ridiculously high horse and cop on. For all your ranting about insults, you are the real hypocrite - u call me a racist homophobe and u think its fine. What gives u carte blanche to go around throwing out accusations of racism and homophobia? Well wake up Louis, it isn't fine. You hypocritical insulting liar.

I've linked to the Post several times, its there. I fail to see how I'm lying about it. You're a racist homophobic Bigot, and I've had enough of all your hate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

LiouVille wrote:
    and I've had enough of all your hate
    What hate?

LiouVille wrote:
    I've linked to the Post several times, its there. I fail to see how I'm lying about it. You're a racist homophobic Bigot, and I've had enough of all your hate

Are you insane? Seriously?
    You are calling me a racist homophobe bigot, with no reason at all. And you think this is ok? You shouldn't just be banned, you should be checked out for your mental health. Let me state again - I'm not in the slightest any of the above, and there is no way I'm going to let you get away with this. And where have I demonstrated any hate whatsoever?? Sure its been a heated debate, but I don't see where hate came into it on my behalf? You started the ball rolling by calling me racist (insane enough since I was criticising racists, remember Louis???). You have now added homophobe and bigot to your insults. Why should you be allowed bandy those terms around and no-one else? Why is it OK for you to get away with this? I would suggest to any Mod reading this to clear this up and explain that this is not acceptable.

Are you insane? Seriously?
    You are calling me a racist homophobe bigot, with no reason at all. And you think this is ok? You shouldn't just be banned, you should be checked out for your mental health. Let me state again - I'm not in the slightest any of the above, and there is no way I'm going to let you get away with this. And where have I demonstrated any hate whatsoever?? Sure its been a heated debate, but I don't see where hate came into it on my behalf? You started the ball rolling by calling me racist (insane enough since I was criticising racists, remember Louis???). You have now added homophobe and bigot to your insults. Why should you be allowed bandy those terms around and no-one else? Why is it OK for you to get away with this? I would suggest to any Mod reading this to clear this up and explain that this is not acceptable.

So you've now realise its not acceptable to call someone a racist with little more then made up conjecture to back you up and a few posts taking out of context. Well done. It only took hundreds of posts for you to arrive at that conclusion. Now you know what it's like. That is exactly what you've been doing to people on this thread, and you saw no problem what so ever with it, untill someone did it to you.

Hobart; Don't worry your pretty little head, I was just proving a point.

• Advertisement

LiouVille wrote:
    So you've now realise its not acceptable to call someone a racist with little more then made up conjecture to back you up and a few posts taking out of context. Well done. It only took hundreds of posts for you to arrive at that conclusion. Now you know what it's like. That is exactly what you've been doing to people on this thread, and you saw no problem what so ever with it, untill someone did it to you.

Hobart; Don't worry your pretty little head, I was just proving a point.

Bullsh*t you were just proving a point. You called me a racist ages ago, its just that you've now added more insults. How is what I posted exactly the same as what you did?? No equivalence at all Louis. I say again - why is it OK for you to call me what you did? What happened to the fact that it was "obvious" I am a bigoted homophobic racist? Well? You're not squirming out of it that easily. You were not simply proving a point, that is crystal clear. I've reported you like I said, no way is that acceptable.
    Besides, what are you doing back here - I thought you had enough of my hate, Louis?

Yes dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Right. Liouville and Dr. Fell banned from Feedback for a while.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thank Christ. I've never had a thread where ALL the active posters actually reported it.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

who are the next two people who wish to take up the mantle and continue this pointless debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

damn i was hoping this biggot tennis quote fest would keep going and i'd be entertained all day at work

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Entertain us all by pointing out that WWM's username is a racist reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Stark wrote:
    Entertain us all by pointing out that WWM's username is a racist reference.

WWM whats the story even your pink panther avatar is white ;)

Yeah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Just leave the Vikings, a noble race if ever there was one, out of it.
    I had a rough day yesterday.:D

Advertisement