Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racism and After Hours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

clown_bag wrote:
    your remark ... and the problem is? is basically a four word equivalent of my longer post. We are in agreement.

Okay, just checking as it was a little ambiguous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I've been posting in the Afghan thread since the start, and there were some racist comments made, and the users were banned for them (godfather[randomnumbers] and woody, for example), but for the most part it wasn't racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭godfather69er

DaveMcG wrote:
    I've been posting in the Afghan thread since the start, and there were some racist comments made, and the users were banned for them (godfather[randomnumbers] and woody, for example), but for the most part it wasn't racist.

what did i say that was 'racist'?? please i want to realise so that i can change(if i can)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I haven't branded any boards users racist for their opposition to asylum seekers ...just you. You and You alone woody.

Again you attempt to deflect from your own hate by calling me Hitler and claiming that I am the extremist fascist danger. You're fooling nobody by implying that your opponents infact represent what you believe. Again I direct you to stormfront.

Although I just checked stormfronts rules for your benifit and they state that:
    No profanity. Avoid racial epithets.
    No personal flames.
    No attacks against other White nationalities.
    If you wish to debate religion, you must request to join the Theology usergroup. Religion is a personal issue which often becomes bitterly divisive.
    Make an effort to use proper spelling, grammar and capitalization (no ALL-CAPS posts).
    No spamming. Don't post unless you have something relevant to say.
    Post only to appropriate forums.
    Post only under one user name. Anyone with "multiple personalities" will have all their accounts deleted.
    If you're here to argue with us, confine your posts to the "Opposing Views" forum if you don't want them deleted.

Perhaps you might even be too much of a racist even for the people on stormfront. :confused:

By the way I'm sure you will support other countries who wish to remove non-nationals sponging off their systems and taking away jobs and hospital beds from their respective native populations. Only question I have is where are we going to house the masses of Irish people when other countries kick them out? It's not like they left Ireland because a war was going on here, unlike what is currently happening in Afghanistan.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

woody wrote:
    You are an inate idiot who forces your opinion down peoples throat,let me see your a bit like old Adolf...

Pot, kettle mate. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I'd have to agree with the OP, I think a lot of racism does pop up in the AH forum even though (I thought) the AH forum existed to host threads on smalltalk, some boards users seem to see it as their soap box to voice anti polish/nigerian/english sentiment.

My advice is to just avoid the forum, there's nothing the mods can really do to stop morons posting their moronic thoughts until after they've beeen posted (i.e. delete/modfiy them), it's a battle you can't win unless the forum ceases to exist altogther (which no one wants).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Hear me roar. I'm sorry, I'm taking the After Hours thread here but I can't let this pass.
    woody wrote:
    So to conclude your rant is disgusting
    No, it is not. It is an opinion of openess and compassion. I do not look at one's race when I judge them. These men, whether they should be allowed stay here or not, come from a country which America invaded and have left as fucked up as Iraq. It is not a safe place. You're from RA-ville, you should know this story, but I'll tell it to you anyway. In the 1970's the Queen's forces were found to have violated (European-defined) Human Rights in the North. Thousands of people fled south of the border. Would you turn these people back? Why, then, would you turn your back on anyone else? Do you trust the system that much? Do you think the system holds moral credence over and above actual moral credence? Or are you just the sort of creature satirised in Hitchiker's... who insists on bureaucratic tripe?
    you dont deserve the right to be Irish
    What gives you that right? Is this actually a case where Yore Ma is more pertinent than an individual?
    as you wont open your eyes to the country being raped
    Do you accept empirical evidence? Account after account after account of social research of immigrants proves that, in general, when people are willing to up their families and move to a new, far away country they are also willing to bloody work. Think about it rationally. Things are not great in Romania or Bulgaria. They are quite comparable to our economic situation in the 1980's when thousands of people got the plane. You do not leave and accept poverty. You will work. Let's leave out the reality that people of unpure blood do not get full social welfare/aid. (Let's also leave out that those on asylum get the grant allowance of €3 a day.) Even on social welfare, with your army of twelve children, if you're willing to leave your family because you can't get a job in Bulgaria you won't be willing to not have a job here. This is not rhetoric from some bleeding-heart Lefty. This is reality. On average, immigrants are more qualified than Irish people! They are not hurting our economy. Our growth rate this year was 5%, a phenomenal rate in relation to the OECD - twice the average. Next year our growth will 6%. Our GDP is well over 10% more than countries like Sweden. Our unemployment rate is fantastically low, thought to be close to effective zero. Inflation, the price of oil excluded, is below the increasing money supply from Frankfurt. How much better could we be without these people stealing our women and children?

Clown Bag was not even making his argument on economic grounds. I've asserted my case for Bulgarians. Are we really going to turn away people who come from Afghanistan? Yes, they probably did cross in other countries before arrival here. So ****ing what? Are we really going to begrudge them because we don't have a major international airport? Are you really so blind to think that their economic "rape" of Britain does not affect us nearly as much as here? Common economic market - what hurts them hurts us. Or maybe we're getting to the crux of the issue here. Seeing as that not a single economist in the world would argue against immigration, is it something else that scares you about these half-breeds?
    when we supposedly became affulent, imagine the money ran out
    Okay, I will. But only if you imagine a far more likely position for, i.e. a growth rate of 6% next year. Hmm, nice, isn't it?

Now back to your position. The money runs out. Okay. So these mongrels come to Ireland because we're rich. We stop being rich. Hmm, what might happen. Perhaps they might leave as quick as they came? No no, not only are they ruthless scroungers who'll do anything to aggrieve us of a few bob, they're stupid scroungers too who don't see opportunities to scrounge more money elsewhere.
    the social welfare was stopped
    Tell me how much social welfare n single Irish man gets. Tell me how much social welfare a single Bulgarian gets. Tell me how much social welfare a single Nigerian man gets. G'wan. Stop using soundbites, tell me how much this is really costing us. I dare you. Please. G'wan.
    which Mug country would be next for the locusts to prey on
    Locusts? Yeah, you're not racist at all....
    I will not harm a human being because I dont like what they are doing
    God bless your soul. If only you were in Afghanistan, they might not be in danger.
    but I will not take one ounce of sh1t from them, a zero tolerance policy to them and no more no less
    Well simply because your granny came from Offaly doesn't mean I'll treat you any better. Personally I think we're trying to move to a knowledge economy here. If you cannot prove your intellectual worth and start claiming MY dole money, get the f*ck out of here. Go scrounge off somebody else.
    If I am a racist well them you are certainly a person with extreme treasonable
    Treason is waging war on the State or aiding people waging war on the State or, perhaps, the Constitution. I, for one, wouldn't throw that accusation around lightly. Particularly when somebody is expressing their free and open opinion, as allowed by the Constitution. Could one interpret the accusation of treason unto one whose actions constitute something promoted in the Constitution as an attempt to be unconstitutional itself?
    and facist attitude
    Fascism is neither the pursuit of economically prudent policies nor having compassion for races other than your own. Rather, I think it's quite the opposite.
    that will lead to the demise of this country
    Yes, because countries that accept immigrants clearly have no economic strength. America? Pfft. What's your definition of demise btw? Mine is having a populace with vacuumous holes for brains. Get out of my country, it's for smart people only. Not for locusts like you that do not earn more than €50,000 a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

what a brilliant post.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

*polite applause*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

*yawn mcfúcking boring*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

post of the year thus far to Angry Banana *applauds*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

ferdi wrote:
    how about a 'NO Politics, NO Religion' rule in AH?
    Best idea i've read here( and i didnt even read half of this )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

oh god whats boards coming to, you leave AH to get away from the Righetous Left and the Dangerous Right that have drowned out the centre standing majority on the issue, and you turn around and find it in the feedback thread, what is going on here, this desire to control what everyone posts is like a flippin cancer spreading slowly through the boards, "you like spongers" " no,you're a racist".
    jesus lads, should i leave boards now or are you all going to calm down

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Leave.

(Please don't, I secretly want your I'm in teh centre babies.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You know, of all the accussations of racism bandied about, I think I've finally seen a genuine case. Stand up Woody.

You know, of all the accussations of racism bandied about, I think I've finally seen a genuine case. Stand up Woody.
    then you dont look hard enough.

its all over boards.ie.

but most people would say that its ok, becuase its only very slight racism.

nationalism on the other hand. now dont get me started...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

LiouVille wrote:
    Remember that time you where being a complete "bad boy" towards Ecksor and he banned you. And you went off on a big rant about how he was "DA BIGGEST DANGER EVER" to boards, only to have to say sorry (you might have lied about saying sorry) to him... Maybe I dreamt that. I mean those blogs posts are long gone.

As a btw to the Admins, he asked, I answered.

That's an interesting but highly innaccurate spin on various mostly unconnected events some of which you have no knowledge of. Once again Boston, you fail. You always fail. Even when you think you've won, you've failed.

Yet you keep on trying, the hallmark of a obsessive mascocist.

Now, your doctor tells me that replying to you only makes this worse so once again let's return to you trolling and me not caring.

then you dont look hard enough.

I think part of the problem here is that people go looking to find it.

i think youll find the problem is that everyone thinks their opinion is more right...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

amp wrote:
    That's an interesting but highly innaccurate spin on various mostly unconnected events some of which you have no knowledge of. Once again Boston, you fail. You always fail. Even when you think you've won, you've failed.

Yet you keep on trying, the hallmark of a obsessive mascocist.

Now, your doctor tells me that replying to you only makes this worse so once again let's return to you trolling and me not caring.

A yes, You show every sign of not caring. Speaking of failure, hows the mid life crisis btw, must be scoring lots of hot chicks!:rolleyes:

LiouVille wrote:
    A yes, You show every sign of not caring. Speaking of failure, hows the mid life crisis btw, must be scoring lots of hot chicks!:rolleyes:

See, this is how you know when your on the losing side; when you start spewing nonsense.

i think youll find the problem is that everyone thinks their opinion is more right...

...or more left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

[chanting] Thunderdome, Thunderdome, Thunderdome! [/chanting]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

If you can have opinions on everything else, why shouldn't you be allowed have opinions on refugees/black people/etc.?

As long as you're not physically attacking people or their property, or intentionally trying to hurt their feelings, WHO GIVES A ****.

They're only opinions. People should be allowed have opinions. There's normally truth on both sides of the fence. Banning certain opinions becaude they're a bit politically incorrect is retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Fascism is neither the pursuit of economically prudent policies nor having compassion for races other than your own. Rather, I think it's quite the opposite.
    And you were accusing him of resorting to soundbites? Ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Hagar wrote:
    This is the real world. No asylum seeker or refugee can reach Ireland from Afghanistan without first stopping off in another safe country. As soon as they leave that country without seeking refuge/asylum there they have lost the right to do so in Ireland under International Law. They are spongers. End of story. Let them return from whence they came.

Hate to burst your bubble but there is no international law that states an asylum seeker has to claim refugee status in the first safe country they enter. So you are wrong about that whole lost the right to do so.

We do have an EU law that they have to register in the first EU country they enter though. Of course once they get refugee status they are free to settle in any EU country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

amp wrote:
    See, this is how you know when your on the losing side; when you start spewing nonsense.

When will you learn Adam, Its not the winning or the loosing that matters, its the showing you up for what you are that counts.

What am I?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Hobbes wrote:
    Hate to burst your bubble but there is no international law that states an asylum seeker has to claim refugee status in the first safe country they enter. So you are wrong about that whole lost the right to do so.
    I seems I was mistaken.
    Hobbes wrote:
    We do have an EU law that they have to register in the first EU country they enter though. Of course once they get refugee status they are free to settle in any EU country.
    They must have passed through at least one other EU country to get to Ireland, So are they awaiting the results of an application made in another EU state or are they doing the rounds making application in Ireland having been refused elsewhere? I mean if acceptance in any EU state gives them the right to stay in any EU state, surely rejection by any state denies them the right to stay in any EU state?
    In August 1999, the UK High Court ruled that an asylum seeker cannot be returned to a third country where he or she is at risk of refoulement - the process by which a person is returned involuntarily to a country where he or she has reason to fear persecution.
    This effectively means that a refugee/asylum seeker cannot be returned to any country where he would have to apply for asylum as an application carries a risk of failure and a subsequent risk of being returned to his home country. That's quite ineffective legislation if you ask me.

Advertisement