Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Clonsilla

• 18-05-2006 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi,
    can any Clonsilla residents give me a hint on which Broadband provider to choose / to avoid?

(NTL broadband is a no-go )

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭clubcrown

I'm with the dreaded BT; actually I'm one of the lucky ones, no billing or installation problems.

I've noticed a bit of a slow down lately though; contention I guess. In my estate (Limelawn) theres a bunch of wireless networks with "BT" in the name after appearing in the last few weeks. Most of them unsecured :-)

Seems to be plenty of Eircom as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

DON'T whatever you do go with Irish Broadband ...:mad:

I am up in Castlefield and have ntl - you sure it's not available ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

zaph wrote:
    I'm also on BT and am lucky enough to have had no particular problems with them regarding billing. The only problem I have is that since they upgraded to 2MB I lose my connection for 2-3 minutes at least once every evening. I was told that it may be because the signal is too strong for the cable going to the extension I use, and that downgrading may help. Don't know if this is a load of crap or not, but I'd rather not downgrade and find the problem is still there, so I haven't done anything for the moment as I can just about tolerate it as it is.

As for NTL, I'm in Willow Wood, just off Hartstown Road, and definitely no BB from them here. :(

Some good information here if you want to check your line stats:

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/linestats.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I use 1mb in huntstown,utv you cant go wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i'm in huntstown and have eircom 3meg / 384k with no problems.

i had irish broadband for a few months and as was said above stay away from them , it's a joke for them even to have broadband in there name.

• Advertisement
Advertisement