Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone live in Oranmore?

Options
  • 18-05-2006 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Just looking at little more into accomodation prices and I think somewhere like Oranmore is going to be my best bet for a house for me and my cat.

I've driven through the place, what's it like living there and getting to and from the city for nights out and work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Great place, you have everything you would need for general day to day activities, pubs, restaurants, cinema, bowling alley, arcade, off license, etc.

Easy to get into town, buses go from the main shopping center to town fairly often until about half ten at night, and then no probs getting a cab home, about 12E to come from city center to village.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Cool, thanks for that, I've been looking around at house prices for sale and rent and it seems a lot more affordable than the city, expecially when I looked at wages!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

House are by no means cheap in Oranmore!!
    Traffic is pretty bad between 8 and 9.30 in the morning and getting worse every day!.
    As for Oranmore, even with all the new houses the place is still great.
    As was mentioned you have everything in Oranmore.
    With a lot of 25 - 35 year olds moving to the area the atmosphere in the pubs is great, good crowd, not to many sumbags around and with the new divisional garda station being built should kwwp them quite..

Sounds just what i want, I live in a small town and the 25-35 age group is sadly lacking.

Sounds like getting on the property ladder as soon as possible is the priority then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

As Terrier said before, the traffic is pretty harsh going and coming from Oranmore (O-side for long term residents). But with each passing day, it's trying to be resolved. nice place to live, except for the twenty trillion polish and latvian dudes, who constantly try to make small talk when they are absolutely hammered down at the Old Brewery. Funny, but confusing.

• Advertisement

What's renville village like, I've seen a few cheap rentals there.

I'm coming over for a long weekend for another look, last weekend of the month, just want to spend my time wisely (and drink some beers!)

Renville is alright... it's by no means near to the centre of the village, so driving to the pub and the shops are your options... quiet though.. nice and quiet!

I may have to learn to cycle drunk!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

MattKid wrote:
    I may have to learn to cycle drunk!

That road is bloody dangerous ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

error9 wrote:
    That road is bloody dangerous ...

isnint revill near clenbridge ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No, its nowhere near Clarinbridge...unless you count about 10 miles as close!

Reville is alright, great scenery and enviroment but its a good few miles from the village of Oran...with the Irish weather normally crap, this'd really be a hinderance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Not to mention the lack of a path on most of it if you're walking ... EEK!!! the flooding as well on it can be fun ...

I'm glad I've got you guys to steer me right, I'll keep my search more central.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Renville is a fantantic place to live but as was pointed out you are 4 miles from the village. Can to hard to get cabs from Oranmore down and especially hard from Town!!

I'd stay in Village if you could, rents are coming down and especially the private rented properties, you can see these in the Galway Advertiser stay clear of the agencies!!

The Thatch has re-opened with a nice beer garden as well, :D

Terrier wrote:
    The Thatch has re-opened with a nice beer garden as well, :D

It's all shiny and white!

Advertisement