Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which interface?

• 18-05-2006 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

Hey music techies, I have a question. I'm in the market for a new soundcard/recording interface and I'm wondering what to buy. It needs to have at least 2 mic/line inputs with phantom power, balanced outputs, excellent preamps/converters/DSP, and MIDI I/O. Preferably buss powered by either firewire or USB 2.0. My budget is up to €300 but I wouldn't mind stretching that a teeny bit if I could get great value for money. I don't mind buying second hand.

I've been looking at stuff like the Edirol UA25, Edirol FA66, Presonus Firebox, EMU 1616m, Digidesign Mbox 2 and a couple of others. Has anyone had experiences with any of these they'd like to share? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

I have been using the Mbox 2 which comes with the pro tools ignition pack and can't say a bad thing about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Or maybe the focusrite saffire.

Advertisement