Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSIA - comparing fund outcomes?

Options
  • 18-05-2006 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

I'm wondering whether, now that many SSIAs are maturing, if there is a website that makes comparisons across the different funds to assess the greatest performers?

My SSIA doesn't mature until next year but it would be interesting to know. I get a monthly report that basically tells me SFA! I do get a yearly report specifying the value in hard cash and it is doing well but still, I'd like to know quickly if there was a serious problem.

Any takers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

r3nu4l wrote:
    I'm wondering whether, now that many SSIAs are maturing, if there is a website that makes comparisons across the different funds to assess the greatest performers?
    for equity based SSIAs
    A good proxy would be the unit prices quoted in the papers each week,
    I think it is the Irish Examiner on a Thursday,
    Irish Times on a Saturday,
    and the Sunday Tribune and Business Post on a Sunday.
    Anyway most advisers will have told their clients to invest in a "Managed Fund",
    So you just look at the past performance of each of the companies Managed fund. The papers usually show 1,3 & 5 years performance if i can recall.
    Of course, this does not take acocunt of the charging structure of each of the SSIAs, but the SSIA was one of the few low cost/charges regular savings plans introduced since the formation of the Irish Free State, so there would be relatively little difference, perhaps a few hundred euro at most !

Advertisement