Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damn Shimano....The *$£"%$S

Options
  • 18-05-2006 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭

I go to all that trouble, changing everything up on my bike and then learn about this whole high-normal or whatever it's called with the newer rear mechs. What a crock.

Don't suppose anyone has a 9spd Sham-ano mech that works the way they're supposed to, you know, springs back to the smallest cog when the cable tension is removed?

Serves me right for getting old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

The usual action mechs (high normal) are still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mucco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭godfather69er

Mucco wrote:

and we all laugh at you trying to change a puncture, i have a deore rear mech ive 24 speed but i think the mech can do 27,
    i never really noticed when i take it off to clean although the limit probably stop it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭turbine?

did you change the shifters aswell? Rapid rise rear mech can work with the new shifters (as you would expect!) and with some ot the older ones, but 1 becomes 9 and vice versa, in the window display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Yeah,

They're new shifters too - They're giving a visual representation of which cog the chain is running on, if you know what I mean. I set it up last night and although it's an absolute pain in the arse to get used to, I'll make do for now. My brother tells me that the Saint mech is going to be changed back pretty soon and the rest of them mechs will come in both flavours later this year or else go back to the way it was before.

Those hubs look like a great idea but I'd prefer to be able to cheaply replace any individual parts using whatever I can get in the local bike shop when the need arises. Something breaks on those, you're stuffed.

Gil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mucco

Gil_Dub wrote:
    Those hubs look like a great idea but I'd prefer to be able to cheaply replace any individual parts using whatever I can get in the local bike shop when the need arises. Something breaks on those, you're stuffed.
    Gil

They cost a fortune, but are supposedly very well made. I'm even more of a Luddite with no gears on my bike.

M

Advertisement