Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argonian or Kajhit

• 18-05-2006 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

Lads do any of you play as Argonian or Kajhit race. I feel they are opressed races and over looked because of there skin colour/scales/fur/gills/claws. Can they wear boots and helmets this time round

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Khajit can wear boots and helmets in Oblivion anyway, I play one.
    Not sure about argonians but I think so. I think they removed that restriction in Oblivion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

i play as an argonian, they can wear anthing.
    i think theyre the best for the customising because you dont have to make them look human, and you can put almost any colour on them.
    my guy is green and orange, he looks awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

sweet i might play one now cos they get some sweet bonuses

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Vodka Junkie

Whoa they can wear the boots and helmets?! Sweetness! that's the one thing I hated about them in Morrowind.

Whoa they can wear the boots and helmets?! Sweetness! that's the one thing I hated about them in Morrowind.

that's the whole reason i didn't play as one this time round, can you say replay

• Advertisement

You seem like the Kajiit type. Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, Thunder Cats! Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, Thunder Cats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

I play as Argonian. My character is lvl 11 now. It was a headache when I started but now it got very balanced. NPCs tend to dislike argonians but after I increased my personality stats it got better.
    What an Argonian does and others don't is to cast spell underwater. This, waterbreathing and the fact it's looking cool are its assets :)

Duras wrote:
    What an Argonian does and others don't is to cast spell underwater.

Woah there. Are you saying that Argonians can definately cast underwater!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

Yeah, I understood other races can't, can they? :p

deadly

• Advertisement

Duras wrote:
    Yeah, I understood other races can't, can they? :p

Oh Holy Crap!!! I'm only 60 hours in there's still time to restart!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Oh Holy Crap!!! I'm only 60 hours in there's still time to restart!!!

And the winner for Sand's Most Sarcastic Post of the Year is.....

In fairness, how much of the game do you spend under water wishing you could cast spells? I happily trained mystiscism whilst completing the Lake Rumore razorfish (?) quest. Think I got the ring of rumore on that quest too whch allowed permament water breathing. No race provides any particular advantage that you cant at the very least replicate by spells as and when necessary. Just play whatever feels right. Even the starting stats are pointless.

Sand wrote:
    And the winner for Sand's Most Sarcastic Post of the Year is.....

In fairness, how much of the game do you spend under water wishing you could cast spells? I happily trained mystiscism whilst completing the Lake Rumore razorfish (?) quest. Think I got the ring of rumore on that quest too whch allowed permament water breathing. No race provides any particular advantage that you cant at the very least replicate by spells as and when necessary. Just play whatever feels right. Even the starting stats are pointless.

i just think they look deadly,

does anyone find that the character models are all skinny little fecks, not very warrior like, can that be changed in the character creation bit

Vegeta wrote:
    i just think they look deadly,

does anyone find that the character models are all skinny little fecks, not very warrior like, can that be changed in the character creation bit

I'm not sure there's much choice at the character build screen but im certain there's a few mods out there that'll sort that problem rite out for you. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Sand wrote:
    No race provides any particular advantage that you cant at the very least replicate by spells as and when necessary. Just play whatever feels right. Even the starting stats are pointless.
    I dunno, the Britons have 50% magic resistance, which definitely makes the game a hell of a lot easier imo. It doesn't take that long to get the other 50% either, and then it's a walk in the park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BENJAMIN61

bretons are the best

Advertisement