Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Purse

• 18-05-2006 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Its venting time so excuse me mods if I go over the top on this little rant.
    The chances of this making any difference are tiny anyway.

Basic story.. My mother parked the car in the carpark of the hospital. While she was inside, some Scummer broke the window and robbed her purse. Luckily there was no cash in it and all the cards were cancelled so they got nothing..

Except the camera memory card from her purse that had all of my brother's communion photos on it from last week. She was on the way to get them printed that evening, and not being massively techie, she hadnt saved them to the PC yet.

I know you shouldnt leave anything in the car etc.. but still, we've all left something in a car for half an hour at some point. The purse was in a shopping bag which was in another shopping bag so it wasnt exactly obvious.

If you're out there... You're the lowest scum around. Robbing from a hospital carpark :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Trotter wrote:
    Its venting time so excuse me mods if I go over the top on this little rant.
    The chances of this making any difference are tiny anyway.

Basic story.. My mother parked the car in the carpark of the hospital. While she was inside, some Scummer broke the window and robbed her purse. Luckily there was no cash in it and all the cards were cancelled so they got nothing..

Except the camera memory card from her purse that had all of my brother's communion photos on it from last week. She was on the way to get them printed that evening, and not being massively techie, she hadnt saved them to the PC yet.

I know you shouldnt leave anything in the car etc.. but still, we've all left something in a car for half an hour at some point. The purse was in a shopping bag which was in another shopping bag so it wasnt exactly obvious.

If you're out there... You're the lowest scum around. Robbing from a hospital carpark :mad:

Disgraceful.I know it seems pointless but did she contact the guards just in case? Just shows you can have nothing thses days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

mfitzy wrote:
    Disgraceful.I know it seems pointless but did she contact the guards just in case? Just shows you can have nothing thses days.

Yep.. Gardaí are coming to the house tonight to have a chat. At least thats what they said they'd do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Surely the CCTV cameras from the hospital will have the little shíte at his work. I mean nearly all public p[laces have them these days to stop people from making false claims.
    I hope they deknuck the tramp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Afaik there's CCTV all over the car parks in the hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

thats typical of the scum going around now , and the worst thing about it is they know the law inside out , it makes me sick reading the court cases in the papers and the pathetic excuses they come out with to try to get easier sentences , hopefully you'll have some luck with the guards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Star*

I am firm believer in what goes around comes around and rest assured that at some stage the little scumbags will get their comeuppance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Be so much more satisfying if you got to see their comeuppance thought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

When I think how lucky I've been

The amount of times I've gone off and forgot to lock the door of my car or yesterday I was in superquinn and forgot to put up the window on the passanger side.

I Think my luck is going to run out sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

My hubby has just found a wallet near the top entrance into Viewmount (opposite hospital car park) but it's got photo id of a 26 year old girl and a staff benefit card but no money nor memory card in it. He phoned the shop and has gone over to give it to the manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

deisemum wrote:
    My hubby has just found a wallet near the top entrance into Viewmount (opposite hospital car park) but it's got photo id of a 26 year old girl and a staff benefit card but no money nor memory card in it. He phoned the shop and has gone over to give it to the manager.

Fair play to ya. That wouldnt be my mother though.. she wishes she looked 26. I wonder is it a pattern though.. maybe someone is breaking into cars in the carpark. Have you told the Guards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

No but I'll be seeing a garda in the morning and tell him about it. It hadn't occured to us that it could be the result of a spate of thefts from the hospital car park. My husband handed in the purse to a member of staff where the owner of the purse worked. The owner wasn't there at the time. I'll check with him to see if he can remember the owner's name and see about contacting the owner to see if it was stolen or lost.

Fortunately we've found a couple of purses/wallets over the years and were lucky to have traced the owners. One such wallet belonged to a BT engineer and the only thing in his wallet to identify him was an order reference number with his name for a pair of BT boots. I happened to work for BT and managed to get HR to trace him.

Advertisement