Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT question.

Options
  • 18-05-2006 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭

The NCT on my car will be expired is less than a week, and I've still got no letter from the NCT about a date for my next test.

I've heard though from a few people that the NCT don't send letters out anymore and instead you've got to ring them for a test. Is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

yes ! its up to you to get on to to them and arrange a date for a test. you can ring them on 1890 412 413 or do it online at http://www.ncts.ie/bookings.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

must be only in the last 2 months cos I got a reminder in Jan for my renewal in March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Max_Damage wrote:
    The NCT on my car will be expired is less than a week, and I've still got no letter from the NCT about a date for my next test.

I've heard though from a few people that the NCT don't send letters out anymore and instead you've got to ring them for a test. Is this true?

They are not obliged to send you a letter but usually do so as a matter of courtesy. It is up to the owner of the vehicle to ensure that it has a valid NCT certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

When did they stop sending these reminders out? They've definitely being sending them up to recently. I get a good few every year and it's not that long since I've seen one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement