Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anyone here have an entry for the Galway Film Festival?

• 18-05-2006 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I'm entering my first short film, though doing so before tomorrow's deadline was a right pain in the ass.
    If anyone has had a short featured in the festival before, roughly how long does it take for them to get back to you regarding it's in(ex)clusion in the selection?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

I know the person sorting through the entries this year, it should take two to three weeks to receive a reply. I was involved in a few student shorts that got into the festival last year (one got into the competition) and the year before we made one outside college that got in. You probably have a good chance of getting your short screened at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭film_gonzo

I just got mine sent yesterday also. I din't realise the deadline was so close. Nearly had a small coronary yesterday trying to get stuff organised. But it got sent.

Best of luck with yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I was on the submission panel last year and as far as I remember it was within two weeks of the deadline that they got in touch with people.

Got one entered this year - hope it won't be too long before we hear - otherwise I'll be pestering yer wan that's organising the shorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

Damnit! Only saw the deadline today. I'll have to save my short for next year!

Advertisement