Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling on Permanet Customers

Options
  • 18-05-2006 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Im one of them exchange enabled but tough luck customers, I just heard about Permanet, I have line of site to one of their active transmitters...

Could anyone tell me...

What is the range of the transmitter?
    Are they like leap
    Anyone here got it and are they happy with it? ( Value for money)
    How quickly can they install
    Any other info of value

I would search Boards for info about 'em but the search function seems to be disabled in boards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Check out thiis thread.

HTH

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chaperone

Mr_Man wrote:
    Check out thiis thread.

HTH

M.

The permanet transmitter can ONLY transmit no more than 15km from the base station. That is the terms of their license as we were told by two guys from Comreg who were doing spot checks in kerry. It seems that we as a subscriber were not permitted to have a service as they were breaking the license they had. Now I do not have any service and the guys said that there were shutting down any customers they found operating outside the 15km service area. I am now down €145 and no service. Three of my neighbours were also targeted. We have contacted Permanet and after 3 weeks still have not received any reply. Its a case of look (and check)before you leap

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Hi Im in Kerry too, where are you located? Are you working off the sliabh Mish Transmitter... I wonder If Im 15km away Im sure I could be Im near beaufort...

Isnt that just a balls of Comreg... Its hard enough to get a reasionable priced service in Kerry not to mind a service at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

delop wrote:
    Hi Im in Kerry too, where are you located? Are you working off the sliabh Mish Transmitter... I wonder If Im 15km away Im sure I could be Im near beaufort...

Isnt that just a balls of Comreg... Its hard enough to get a reasionable priced service in Kerry not to mind a service at all..

Take all the views with a pinch of salt ........ it works pretty much ok, if you can only get dial-up then it is far far better than that. If you have a good line of sight from the transmitter, then nothing should stop you getting it and Beaufort should be within the 15km limit as the crow flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

delop wrote:
    Are you working off the sliabh Mish Transmitter....

Quick question ?, Where exactly on Sliabh Mish is their transmitter. I am living outside Boolteens and even thought I do not have line of sight to the TV masts on th hill between Tralee and Castlrmaine, I can still see alot of the Sliabh Mish mountain range.

• Advertisement

If you head towards Castlemaine, you will see about 10 different aerial arrays on the mountain, one of those is the Permanet mast

Besides, if you call them up they will do a site survey and if all ok they will install the mast whilst they are there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Robxxx7 wrote:
    If you head towards Castlemaine, you will see about 10 different aerial arrays on the mountain, one of those is the Permanet mast

Besides, if you call them up they will do a site survey and if all ok they will install the mast whilst they are there
    Thanks Robxxx7, I cannot see those aerials from the house.

Thanks Robxxx7, I cannot see those aerials from the house.

I would say to still give them a call and see if they can get a signal ... nothing ventured nothing gained ;)

Advertisement