Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Cross - Apartment Development

Options
  • 18-05-2006 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I am looking to buy a 2/3 bed apartment as an investment at Northern Cross(Attached to the new Hilton Hotel). Anybody have any insider information on the area??? Would like to hear feedback from people who have already bought there? Is it a successful development?? Doesnt seem to be too much criticism on the internet sites....;)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Its not a bad area loads of development going on so it would be a good time to buy,also good transport links which is always good when buying a apartment to rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

My friend bought one a few months ago. She has a 15 month wait. It’s a 2 bedroom, med size for 300,000. The area itself is ok BUT is is right beside Darndale. I’ve lived in the apartments (the ones that look like a prison) across the road from Northern cross and it’s a very noisy area at night. Obviously more so at the wkends. Handy for buses and shopping but not my idea of a perfect location due to the noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 scorcher

Really 300k for a 2 Bed Apartment??? That seems too reasonable? The 2 Bed Apartments in northern cross (Attached to the Hilton) were up to 400k for 2 beds...What development did your friend buy an apartment in??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

scorcher wrote:
    Really 300k for a 2 Bed Apartment??? That seems too reasonable? The 2 Bed Apartments in northern cross (Attached to the Hilton) were up to 400k for 2 beds...What development did your friend buy an apartment in??
    Its the thrid phase. It was about 6-9 months ago. Wont be ready for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Not with a barge pole.

You do realise its practically Darndale?

Wouldnt fancy getting the Darndale nightlink home after a skinful...would you?

Just because its near a Hilton doesnt raise its profile !

I presume you didnt hear the stories of kids having a wash in the waterfall outside the hotel?? Classy !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 scorcher

Well Sizzler...what do you think of "The Coast" development???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Id say EXPECT crime. The Kilns "in" Portmarnock and many near by new developments suffer a lot.

Advertisement