Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tips for this summer

Options
  • 18-05-2006 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I know this is kind of broad but I'm hoping to get some fishing in with my da this summer after a break of a year or two. I'd like a few pointers on whats good at the minute. For instance I'd really like to try fly fishing but as a student I can't buy the most expensive rod. So what about rod on a budget? what brands are good? And what laws do I have to check up on? I'll hopefully be fishing for trout or perch in sligo. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Graemem

Jaysus, Brian, you're not too popular are ye? Better luck with your next query....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Brian, as in regard to fly fishing, your best off going into a decent fishing shop in your city(are you from Sligo) and asking for a deal, they should sort you out with something fairly decent depending on your budget if their honest soles. Hardy would be at the top end as in regard to fly fishing but cost serious money for rods and reels eetc. Since your in sligo obviously your near mayo and galway etc so you have mask and the corrib on you door step, you can buy daily and weekly licences for each and also rent out boats etc

Tight lines

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Plenty of the stocked lakes will rent you the rods and equipment you need and give you a lesson on what to do, fly fishing without some form of knowledgeable guidance is difficult !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

is €150 out of your budget???? for that price you can get a nice fly rod , two reels , 15 dry flys , 15 wet flys , 1 floating line , 1 sinking line and leader line for that from henrys tackle shop that's very good value IMO and they are VERY nice to deal with

Advertisement