Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance valuation

Options
  • 18-05-2006 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

Some idiot ran into the back of me a few weeks ago and wrote off my car. Predictably the insurance company (going through my own insurance initially I’ve got no claims protection) offered a derisory valuation but by supplying supporting documentation - i.e. print outs from carzone.ie etc they revised it upwards by €900! The lady on the phone said that 2nd time around the assessor took into account the low mileage and rang around a few garages for quotes - makes you wonder how he arrived at the initial offer. Actually I'm sure he knew the true value straight away and was just doing his job well!

Advertisement