Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford S-Max

Options
  • 18-05-2006 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Any details of when this is being released over here?

I had a look at the Ford UK website today and they have prices/specs, etc., but nothing on the ie website.

It looks like its going to be priced starting in the mid 30k price range....sounds a bit expensive for a 7 seater considering the Corolla Verso starts about 28k.

Is it based on the Focus or Mondeo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

From what I've heard over on the Ford Focus Owner's Club website, it's based on the new Mondeo platform that will form the basis for the new Mondeo (!), Galaxy, Mazda 6 and the Volvo S60/V70/XC70/XC90.

The C-Max is based on the current Focus platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

have any pictures been released on the new mondeo ? and yes i agree the smax is a bit pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Any details of when this is being released over here?

I had a look at the Ford UK website today and they have prices/specs, etc., but nothing on the ie website.

It looks like its going to be priced starting in the mid 30k price range....sounds a bit expensive for a 7 seater considering the Corolla Verso starts about 28k.

Is it based on the Focus or Mondeo?

The S-Max is based on the new Mondeo platform which is launched early next year. The S-Max is more of a compeditor for the Avensis Verso than the Corolla Verso. The Avensis Verso starts at around €37k so €30k for the S-Max is good value depending on equipment, space and engine specifications.

The Corolla Verso actually starts at €27k for the 1.6 litre and competes directly with the C-Max in class size but the C-Max doesn't have the option of 7 seats afaik.

New Ford S-Max:
    [URL="javascript:self.close()"]car_portal_pic_23527.jpg[/URL]

Pictures from http://www.autoexpress.co.uk

New Ford Galaxy:
    [URL="javascript:self.close()"]car_portal_pic_24101.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

AFAIK, the Avensis Verso is getting canned in favour of a slightly bigger model called just Verso.

Where did you hear the S-Max prices at about €30k?

The C-Max looks pants where the S-Max looks sharp

Lex Luthor wrote:
    AFAIK, the Avensis Verso is getting canned in favour of a slightly bigger model called just Verso.

Where did you hear the S-Max prices at about €30k?

The C-Max looks pants where the S-Max looks sharp

I read somewhere recently that the S-Max is going to start at around €32k not €30k as I stated earlier on. Cannot find the link I'm afraid.

Incidently the C-Max is getting a facelift soon and it gets a similar face to the S-Max. Apparently the S-Max face with the twin fog lights built high up in the front bumper is the new Ford corporate face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

FWIW S-MAX got a good write-up in the current "Car" magazine.

FWIW S-MAX got a good write-up in the current "Car" magazine.
    I like the car but not the price....and they only give a 1yr warranty

Lex Luthor wrote:
    I like the car but not the price....and they only give a 1yr warranty

Car manufacturers have to give a minimum of 2 years warranty with a new car in the EU afaik. However Ford give a 3 year warranty with their cars in the UK and NI but only 2 years here..

bazz26 wrote:
    Car manufacturers have to give a minimum of 2 years warranty with a new car in the EU afaik. However Ford give a 3 year warranty with their cars in the UK and NI but only 2 years here..
    Good to know....so is the Galaxy getting done away with with the introduction of the S-Max or are they just making it bigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Good to know....so is the Galaxy getting done away with with the introduction of the S-Max or are they just making it bigger?

They are making it bigger; and fitting the base model with the 100bhp version of the 1.8 TDCI Focus engine. Not much fun to be found there I'd reckon!

The S-Max will have the same Diesel, but with 125bhp. It will also have a 140bhp Mondeo engine. It is a pity they won't be selling the S-Max here with the 2.5 Volvo engine that is found in the ST.

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote:

The second photo I posted earlier is the new Galaxy.

Advertisement