Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Change of Ownership - Delay???

Options
  • 18-05-2006 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

The girlfriend recently bought a car from a garage in Laois (Lismard), however after the dealer saying he sent off the paperwork to change it over to her name she still has had nothing back from the Registration office in Shannon. (its been a bit over 2 weeks, prob 3),

any one know the usual turn around time for getting the new ownership docs back from them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

it took over 3 weeks for mine to come back last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

put a bit of pressure on the garage. and ring the registration office in Shannon. Phone number is 061365000

If you ring that number you'll be greeted with a recording saying that they don't answer the phone before 2pm at the moment due to the high level of applications they're getting these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Takes about three weeks, if you ring the registration number, they have an automated message telling you what date they are currently processing, don't bother trying to get through to a human as its impossible, even if you ring 5 secs after opening time (or any other time - I tried) you get the message as posted by Stephen above which I assume means they have no live phone agents.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

mate was waiting over six weeks recently for the paperwork to come back from them,

• Advertisement

Sounds like the garage may have taken their time sending it out, happened to me with my first car - was waiting 2 months. Fortunately that car's tax was not expired so it wasn't a big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You can get into unpleasant conversations with Gardai where this sort of thing happens. Those old cardboard tax books still need to be processed by county councils when transferring ownership which can take even longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Blame An Post

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

It took 2-3 weeks for Mrs Parsi's last changeover. We had got a copy of the form from the garage when we bought it so I wasn't too concerned.

Got the cert for the new car in about 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Did it a couple of weeks ago and it took less than two weeks to get the stuff back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement