Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need number to be taken off register

Options
  • 18-05-2006 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

hello i did a search but didn't find anything, could someone please provide me with the URL or phonenumber to be taken off the register so that i no longer receive calls from telecoms companies every night looking for me to switch, thanking you in advanceas i am about to explode

Thump

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ring up customer care for your operator (O2, Voda, 3, Meteor) and ask them to remove you. :)

Assuming you're on mobile. If not Eircon or Perlico or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

In addition, you should write to the company who is calling you requesting that they remove you from their marketing database. Under the Data Protection Act they must reply to you within 60 days confirming that they have done so.

I used to get loads of calls from Tele2. I wrote to them and did not receive a reply and they continued to phone. I then wrote a nasty email to them warning them about their responsibilities under the Data Protection Act and that I was referring the matter to the Data Protection Commissioner. I did, indeed, refer the matter. I heard once from the office of the Commissioner to confirm that I wanted to report the matter and that was the last I heard from either of them. That was a number of months ago. No more Tele2 calls. Yay!

Regards,

Liam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

if its " talk talk " they will ignore you anyway , play loud noises back down the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

We seem to have a national do not call list.

Just get signed up to that and no marketers will call you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

themole wrote:

Unfortunately thats not neccesarily true. We've been on that list for ages, but we still get some calls. All you have to do is threaten them about the fact that they are breaking the law, and they hang up. It definitely does make some difference being on the list though, i'd say the number of calls has dropped by about 75%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Thanks thats exactly what i was looking for, for the past few months i have left a whistle beside the phone and any tele marketers get a swift blast and hopefully temporary deafness in one ear.
    themole wrote:

Advertisement