Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom post card taking the mick?

• 18-05-2006 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

My local exchange has been enabled for broadband for some months. However I am about 3 miles away from it and unsurprisngly I fail the line test.

Today I got a post card from Eircom saying that broadband is now available to me. Unfortunately I am still failing the line test on their web site.

My question is, are they so incompetent that they sent the same post card out to everyone on my exchange whether or not they can get broadband? Or should I get my hopes up that I might pass the line test in a week or two?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Are you having voice call problems??? I suggest you ARE and inform €ircon of this fact, using the crisp bag interference method mentioned on here so many times.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

ElNino wrote:
    My local exchange has been enabled for broadband for some months. However I am about 3 miles away from it and unsurprisngly I fail the line test.

Today I got a post card from Eircom saying that broadband is now available to me. Unfortunately I am still failing the line test on their web site.

My question is, are they so incompetent that they sent the same post card out to everyone on my exchange whether or not they can get broadband? Or should I get my hopes up that I might pass the line test in a week or two?

Email phil.nolan@eircom.ie and ask him that question. best way to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Are you having voice call problems??? I suggest you ARE and inform €ircon of this fact, using the crisp bag interference method mentioned on here so many times.

I can get 49k on dial-up so I suspect that distance from the exchange rather than line quality is the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 3.16

i am so fustrated , i was told in april i was not able for broadband , then i ring up afew days ago and i'm in the radius .BUT!!!! they still say my line is unsuitable for broadband . its a new-enough line but they said , if i paid €140 to get a line it MIGHT!!!!! work. They said that if i paid that price i'm not definely goin to get broadband........ now what ya think i should do!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

3.16 wrote:
    i am so fustrated , i was told in april i was not able for broadband , then i ring up afew days ago and i'm in the radius .BUT!!!! they still say my line is unsuitable for broadband . its a new-enough line but they said , if i paid €140 to get a line it MIGHT!!!!! work. They said that if i paid that price i'm not definely goin to get broadband........ now what ya think i should do!!!!!

Drink the €140 instead!! You'll feel better!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

3.16 wrote:

Email phiil.nolan@eircom.ie along the lines 'I am glad to see recent statements by Eircom that you will investigate problems with lines etc I would be very grateful if you get someone to have a look really need bb etc etc.' nothing to be lost by having a go anyways.:)

Advertisement