Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla?

Options
  • 18-05-2006 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

At the moment i only use dreamweaver to make websites and someone told me about joomla content management system and i really dont know how it works. I downloaded it thinking there would be an application in it but i was told by a friend that you must have apache server to make it work.

Can someone explain to me from scratch how i get joomla to work and is the Apache http server that i have to download? once i download the apache server , what do i do then. As i said i only use dreamweaver so i dont know too much after that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Joomla is written in PHP and needs a database and webserver with PHP in order to work. Assuming you have a basic hosting account on a Linux server, with at least one database you can use Joomla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Theres a duplicate thread here.

Advertisement