Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Angling Dublin ?

Options
  • 18-05-2006 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Hello,
    Anyone know of anyone who heads out of Dublin (malahide/howth/dun laoghire) for some sea angling ?

I grew up deep sea fishing down on Valentia Island but am living up here now and dying to get out on the water... one week a year down there during summer is not enough for me and I dont have the means to purchase (or more importantly store) a boat up here...

Would love to hook up with people (if there is anyone) who do same up here...

-Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

Try posting here, you'll definately get responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

aloleary wrote:
    Hello,
    Anyone know of anyone who heads out of Dublin (malahide/howth/dun laoghire) for some sea angling ?

I grew up deep sea fishing down on Valentia Island but am living up here now and dying to get out on the water... one week a year down there during summer is not enough for me and I dont have the means to purchase (or more importantly store) a boat up here...

Would love to hook up with people (if there is anyone) who do same up here...

-Alan

I was out off Howth with a friend of mine when we saw this boat

Prospector 1.

Lochin 33'. Cummins Twin 210 HP
    Skipper: Peter Power
    Licence: 298 Expires: April 2007
    Base: Rogerstown Operational area: Up to 40 miles out.
    Notes: November to May only . Skipper Peter Power has many years experience fishing the waters of Dublin and Donegal Bay. Prospector is available for general fishing, e.g. cod, pollack, ling, wrasse, pouting, etc.

Address: Rogerstown Harbour, Rush, Co. Dublin.
    Telephone: +353 1 8430380 or +353 87 2576268 Fax: +353 1 8430381
    Email: papower@iol.ie

What did you fish for out of Valencia?
    I live in Santry- am hoping to get out of Kilmore a few times this summer ( it is only 2 hours away)
    jd

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

Well I still fish there quite a bit. My brother has recently bought a boat to do angling so hes getting license sorted and stuff. However its just a killer of a journey now that I'm based in Dublin....

Fish well in no order...

Lots of mackeral and pollack which are mainly used for bait...

A little further out would be getting gurnard/cod/cod-ling

Then when out proper would be looking at conger/blue shark and my favourite.. Ling.... as they can get to be a pretty decent size down there.

-A

Advertisement