Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storing Boat in Dublin

Options
  • 18-05-2006 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Hello,
    I would like to eventually purchase a boat (sports fisher type) in Dublin. There seems to be ample facilities if your willing to pay crazy marina fees to have your boat moored there. Again fine if you've got a really big cruiser or sailing boat..
    but what just joe average do ?? What options....??

I mean I grew up on valentia island where you simply pull the boat up on a slip and leave it there... obviously its not the same here ... but I dont know Dublin that well in terms of public slip access / boat storage...

Surely the County Council have to provide SOME place for the normal punter...

Anyone with any info would be greatly appreciated....

-A

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 johnnyski

There are public slipway all over dublin that you can use. But in terms of keeping a boat safe would be good to join a sailing club maybe. Some of the smaller ones aren't too expensive at all. what part of dublin are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

I am in Sutton, so howth/malahide areas are fine for me... Just moved there recently... would like to have something organised for the summer... if not then maybe just to get something organised for next year...

Yeah storage is the problem for me... don't really have a garage/parkway at the house..

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Try Clontarf YC.

Cheers will try that... thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

What boat is it? Clontarf can be a hassle because it's tidal. It's a bit further from you but if Clontarf isn't suitable, I'd reccomend Poolbeg YC. There are both swinging moorings and marina berths availible. PM me if you want any more info etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Oh yea forgotten about Poolbeg. The Marina is a new addition. Worth a look as well.

Simona1986 wrote:
    What boat is it? Clontarf can be a hassle because it's tidal. It's a bit further from you but if Clontarf isn't suitable, I'd reccomend Poolbeg YC. There are both swinging moorings and marina berths availible. PM me if you want any more info etc.

Sent you you a PM..

This would be a small sports fishing boat.. nothing big/flashy

-Alan

Advertisement