Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lordi on Eurovision

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

anyone know where you can download the lordi son, as an MP3 or other audio file?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

it was a great song, rock / metal should be in Eurovision all the time. Ireland should enter something lively instead of Brian Kennedy sapping himself out on stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

EdBanger wrote:
    anyone know where you can download the lordi son, as an MP3 or other audio file?

If it's not for download on their site, just buy the album. Anything else is illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

If it's not for download on their site, just buy the album. Anything else is illegal.
    Hard Rock Hallelujah isnt on any Lordi album. I got the song as a legal download from the eurovision website.

And whoever said Dragonforce ahould enter the Eurovision, myself and my boyfriend had that discussion last and night and we agreed, that they would be an excellent entry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I figure Dragonforce would enter for Britain?

In that case I demand to see Rhapsody enter for Italy.

• Advertisement

Rhapsody would be great for Italy but they havemt entered the competition in 10 years.

They already have?

Hahaha, that's brilliant.
    They'd blow Dragonforce out of the water anyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Nightwish wrote:
    Hard Rock Hallelujah isnt on any Lordi album. I got the song as a legal download from the eurovision website.

And whoever said Dragonforce ahould enter the Eurovision, myself and my boyfriend had that discussion last and night and we agreed, that they would be an excellent entry.

ahem

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EXZJ8Q/sr=8-3/qid=1148232914/ref=pd_bbs_3/104-4834980-2974357?%5Fencoding=UTF8

track 7

It aint on the copy of The Arockalypse that I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

not on my arockalypse either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Nightwish wrote:
    It aint on the copy of The Arockalypse that I have.
    It is due to the fact that you have the warez version of it

Well you can always get it on the Eurovision cd.

What a quality compilation of tracks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just watched my recrding of it, ace, just ace!
    The hat was fantastic. :D

My stooopid brother stopped the recording so I didn't see the voting and it's rather annoying.

EDIT:
    See the page a band member was holding.
    "We <3 you!"
    Brilliant!

just to confirm the track listing

http://www.monstereo.fi/monlordi.php

track 7, so Nightwish, guess you dont have the full version

EDIT:
    See the page a band member was holding.
    "We <3 you!"
    Brilliant!

On that note!
    Who the hell was the guy in the Gene Simmons make up....and what did his sign read? Was it just his Kiss army number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Nice stuff, won me a few squids! :D

Was obvious from the moment it was annoucned they were in it that they'd do well at least, if not win it - because even though its a woeful song, the stage show etc is very memorable (and as bad as the song is, it stands out from all the europop). Next year might see a few countries (Meshuggah for Eurovision? :D) try a similar route, and it won't be so easy to predict!

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Nice stuff, won me a few squids! :D

Was obvious from the moment it was annoucned they were in it that they'd do well at least, if not win it - because even though its a woeful song, the stage show etc is very memorable (and as bad as the song is, it stands out from all the europop). Next year might see a few countries (Meshuggah for Eurovision? :D) try a similar route, and it won't be so easy to predict!

oh come on the song isnt that bad - compared to Johnny Logan, Dana, Brian Keenedy or any other pretentious crap Ireland has churned out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The song's shocking, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Aw this is fookin brilliant. The song was pretty good although the eurovision is a joke and everyone knows it. most of lordis votes were only sent in for a laugh id say cos people didnt wanna vote for all the other cack on display.

Perhaps we're witnessing a new chapter in the eurovision?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i was thinking earlier, if lordi won this year, i can't wait to see what norway does next year to counter, now that "death metal" is all cool and trendy :D

Aw this is fookin brilliant. The song was pretty good although the eurovision is a joke and everyone knows it. most of lordis votes were only sent in for a laugh id say cos people didnt wanna vote for all the other cack on display.

Perhaps we're witnessing a new chapter in the eurovision?

Doubhtful, as you said yourself, most of Lordi's votes must have come from people taking the piss, and not actual Lordi/metal fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I thought it was a nice change but the song I felt was generaly of a Eurovision standard in that the lyrics were stupid (IMO) and the riffs seemed very cliched. I told a friend it sounds like a bad Kiss song and stand by that. I never herd scandanavian metal before this Eurovision and often wondered what I was missing out on. If this Scandinavian metal at its best than Ive herd enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

you shouldnt go judging a band on one song.

Well they had a golden oppertunity to prove themselfs to me and 300 million other european and didnt work for me. It was better than the rest of the stuff on show last night and deserividly won but Im still not gonna download it

I told a friend it sounds like a bad Kiss song and stand by that.
    I never herd scandanavian metal before

Obviously don't listen to much Kiss either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

the thing about lordi which annoys me is they are very 'ooo we are rock, look at us go' and all that. the lyrics arent the greatest for 'hard rock hallelujah' but it is a very good tune. and i love the high pitched singing in the backround during the chorus.

Obviously don't listen to much Kiss either.
    2 songs

And which of those two sounded like a Lordi song?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I never herd scandanavian metal before this Eurovision and often wondered what I was missing out on. If this Scandinavian metal at its best than Ive herd enough.

That has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I've heard. You're judging all Scandinavian Metal on the basis of a single song from a single band? Not only that, but you somehow manage to think that a band that's on Eurovision of all things is actually representative of all Scandinavian Metal "At it's best"? :rolleyes:

So, just for your benefit, here's some choice Scandinavian Metal:

Children Of Bodom - Sixpounder
    Opeth - The Grand Conjuration
    Sonata Arctica - Wolf & Raven
    Enslaved - ISA
    The Haunted - No Compromise
    In Flames - Only For The Weak
    Meshuggah - Rational Gaze
    Hammerfall - Hearts Of Fire
    Dimmu Borgir - Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse
    Arch Enemy - Ravenous
    Within Temptation - Mother Earth