Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door - cubbyhole

Options
  • 18-05-2006 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

In the kitchen of my house there is quite a large 'cubbyhole' (not sure if thats the best way to describe it!) storage area which I am hoping to maybe make into a larder type thing.

The main problem might be trying to find a door to put onto the front of it. At the moment its kinda wasted space because without a door and no shelves etc stuff just looks like a mess in it. The space is approx 6ft high, and 3"2' wide - however because its the very edge of under the stairs the top of it curves slightly meaning the top is only 2"10' (which gradually moves down into the full 3"2').

Does anyone have any suggestions as how I could go about putting some kind of door on front of this space? Would I have to have a door specially made for the space and if so any ideas how much this might cost?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

In my house I have a cubbyhole under the stairs and the builders actually built it in such a way that it is a little storage area with a door. It's not as high as yours, but they just put an mbf door on it. I'm planning on painting it to tie in with the colour I put in the hall. I know you mightn't just want a painted door in the kitchen, but it's just an idea.

Another idea might be to talk to a kitchen supplier - they might be able to do a door for you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Hi Sillsocks.

The easiest thing to do , is to make a carcase style tall cabinet complete with all the shelves doors ect, and fit it directly into the ope.

It is a simple enough job to do, and should not cost the earth.

kadman:)

Advertisement