Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Introducing Bohsnews

• 18-05-2006 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

Appalled at Wenger's whining? Bored with Chelski certainties?
    I've started to put together a new (unofficial) venture that I hope will help raise Bohemian FC's profile against the tide of media neglect of Irish football (optimistic or what?).
    It's called Bohsnews, and anyone can post links to stories or resources on the web as well as vote to promote existing links.
    In effect, it will allow Bohs fans to create our own online news site.This is code for 'I am sincerely hoping that I don't do all the work'.
    I believe that this is the first site of its kind in Ireland.
    Please take a look. Comments, suggestions and especially links welcome!
    http://bohsnews.crispynews.com/popular

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

see Councillor Leo Varadkar is objecting to the stadium out in D15. Guess when he had a meeting about it.... Yesterday at 8pm, what a jerk!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

It was clever timing all right.
    I think he won't be the first or the biggest to object, but it's not realistic to expect the proposal to go through unopposed.

thats true, i suppose. anyway good luck with the site, gonna try keep an eye on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Call_me_al wrote:
    see Councillor Leo Varadkar is objecting to the stadium out in D15. Guess when he had a meeting about it.... Yesterday at 8pm, what a jerk!!

Brilliant timing from someone who my own father (almost!) physically ran from my doorstep whilst he was last canvassing.

Don't suppose you know what grounds he was objecting on? A slight increase in traffic on a Friday evening after 7? I wonder if he objected to the golf club across the road...

he said that castleknock and carpenterstown would be used as a car park, i dont know anyone that wants to park a ~45min walk away from where there going but anyway. apparently the parking facilitites wont be too good in the stadium, how he knows this without seeing plans, i dont know.

also he has proposed it gets moved to scribblestown/abbotstown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Looks like nobody will be getting the Bohs vote, FF forced us out of Dalymount, Labour are fighting it in Phibsboro (Joe Costello) and D15 (Groan Burton), Vrakar is FG and Tony Gregory is a spoofer - wants any grants paid to Bohs for Dalymount repaid.

I would be delighted if we could get Abbotstown instead as long as there was no groundsharing involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

I think groundsharing is anathema to most Bohs fans. In any case, it doesn't carry any logic for a club which already has its own stadium.
    Groundsharing was a red herring introduced by the Dept of Sport (and not by Genesis as commonly touted/believed). It has no relevance to the needs of Irish football.
    As for votes, I don't think the powers that be quake when they consider the intentions of LoI supporters.

Advertisement