Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using U.S electrical appliances in ireland/uk, and europe

Options
  • 18-05-2006 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

what issues are there with using U.S electrical appliances in ireland/uk, and in europe? do i just need a voltage converter thing, or are there other considerations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭ffocused

sorry for hijacking your thread Tether, but i am wondering the oposite of you, ie i am going to Canada in a few weeks and need to charge my mobile,PSP and ipod over there.

The PSP and phone chargers have inputs of 100v-240v 50/60Hz, so am iright in that i only need a plug adapter for these?

The ipod charger says nothing on it, so can anyone tell me if it is ok to use it with a plud adapter or do i need a voltage converter?

I dont really want to melt my gadgets on holiday:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

PSP & Phone charges just need plug adaptors, yes.

My iPod charger says it's 100-240V (50-60Hz), in tiny writing on a sticker on one of the sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭ffocused

thanks for that.

Advertisement