Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lithuanian Eurovision Entry

Options
  • 18-05-2006 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Not strictly humour as we know it, but it made me laugh like nothing before.

You have to watch the whole thing, and pay attention to the unflenching bald lad on the left...

http://www.keithm.utvinternet.ie/videos/Lithuania06.wmv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

:eek: .. feckin eejit is the only thing that comes to mind

"We are the Winners" - what a half-arsed attempt at originality

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

It got through as well! Clearly a piss-take of the highest order, but I still found it ridiculously funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

jesus christ that was bloody awful:eek:

And perhaps the title of the song is a subliminal (but loud) message and they WILL win ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Oh that's gas!
    I loved it!

The Eurovision generally is the funniest event on telly! A must see each year :D

Did you notice how baldy guy started dancing towards the end??? ;)

• Advertisement

meowCat wrote:
    Did you notice how baldy guy started dancing towards the end??? ;)

Dancing?? I thought he was trying to get away from the other eejits or a bumble bee had stung him on his arse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭Archeron

Anyone notice Boris Yeltsin in a pink shirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

That's quite good.

here's the icelandic entry - its a similar theme (the song mostly being about how she will win eurovision)

more tongue in cheek stuff, although this is a better song.

http://media.t-online.de/music/F/wm/17_EBU_VideoFW10000073326.asx

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Iceland was cool, even tho it was ott. The song is catchy.
    Lithuanian song was terrible and they totally depended on stunts (baldy dancing).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    I was dieing with a hangover in work. The day was looking sh1t....

...that's the best thing I've ever seen. Ever.

I really hope they win.

• Advertisement

figured out why Silvia Night (Iceland) got booed - apparently she had not been endearing herself to the Greek public.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQn7JxsK_yE

I guess they failed to realise she is a character, along the lines of Ali G.

Oh well, its a pity, it would've made a great eurovision with Silvia and Lordi battling it out for success.

Here's her performance (low quality) from last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwGkmNWR8-4

oh and a much better version of her music video

http://my.x.is/stuff/silvianott.mov

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hey you guys are forgetting a big factor here... kids.. listen to the tune.. its a kids tune... every todler in the world would bop around to that and mothers will vote for it because their kids love it :D

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Finland ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭MW

I definitely want Lithuania to win the Eurovision - perhaps because I put a €5.00 bet on them, and if they win, then I win €750.00 so as they say in the song "Vote, Vote, Vote", I got 150-1 odds yesterday before they got through the semi final.

Finland - didn't they look like they'd just stepped out of one of the realms in World of Warcraft??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I"ve had fifty quid on Lordi (Finland) for over a week.

They can't be beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i think i will put on a bet for Lithuania...i think they have a good chance of winning, its a catchy tune!

that guy will get a poke in the eye by that violin bow if he's not careful.!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

The Iceland song:confused: ROCKS!
    The song catchy is and the clothes just add to the vibe:rolleyes:

Lets face it the ESC is a joke anyway so there is no reason why the couldn't win

the aftermath of iceland going out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVdf7KrevF0

its all very andy kaufmann-esque.

must have graduated from the same school of charm as Bjork ... or maybe too much sun ...

see her website here - International Superstar

just got this off her website (colour added by me to highlight)

Silvia's headquarters have received a formal complaint directly from the executive supervisor of the Eurovision song contest, regarding the use of foul language in the lyrics to her song “Congratulations”. According to an official memorandum from the EBU the line: “The vote is in, I'll f***ing win” is considered so highly offensive that if it were song on stage it would bring the contest as such into disrepute. The memorandum goes as far as to threaten the superstar disqualification in the contest if she does not change the tone in her song. Silvia’s personal response to the complaint is that she will: "f***ing say what I f***ing want!"

Silvia’s successful Eurovision tour comes to an end. After successfully visiting several countries around Europe, Silvia Night is expected to arrive back in Iceland today. She enjoyed this trip to the fullest as well as the fantastic receptions that she got in every visited country.

Latvia graced by Silvia Nights presence. Silvia Night arrived in Latvia today, as it is the last leg of her pre-Eurovision tour. She is hoping to enjoy this visit to Latvia as much as the people of Latvia will enjoy her over the two day visit in the country.

Silvia Night takes Lithuania by storm. Silvia and her crew were in Vilnius this Saturday and appeared on the live TV show "Top Ten". Silvia enjoyed her stay in Lithuania and is hoping to visit the country again after winning the upcoming Eurovision song contest on the 20th of May.

Silvia Night in Lordie country. Silvia Night is arriving in Finland today, and with several appearances in the media she is planning on winning the hearts and minds of the Finnish nation with her undisputed charm and panache.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Tazz T wrote:
    I"ve had fifty quid on Lordi (Finland) for over a week.

They can't be beat.
    Fair ****s!

I was looking at youtube - today's most viewed video is Silvia Night's post eurovision "tantrum". She's getting more hits than Lordi. Her video has over a quarter of a million hits. :eek:

Bravo Agusta Eva. Bravo!

Advertisement