Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megazorb

Options
  • 18-05-2006 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Anyone ever heard of the bedding called Megazorb? It's marketed towards horses, but you can use it with most small animals too. I'm currently going through three bags of Carefresh every two weeks, which costs 7 euro a bag. I've heard that Megazorb is infinetly cheaper. Anyone know of any place that sells Megazorb? I've tried most places in Cork and Waterford, but no luck. I'd be prepared to travel.

Thanks for your help! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I've tried and tried but can't get it in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭genegenie

Ah bugger! Looks like I'll have to order it online so...
    If I get it at www.ukpetsupplies.com, even with shipping it works out at about 4 euro/kg. Waaaay cheaper than carefresh!

Trying to figure out the shipping it says for 1kg and under it's 6.00 pounds ie just under 9.00 euro the bag of megazorb is 15kg

http://www.ukpetsupplies.com/euro_shipping_zone1.aspx

Also they sell excercise balls for guinea pigs big no no in my book
    http://www.ukpetsupplies.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=643

Here's why
    http://www.susieandpigs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/campaigns.htm

Oh dear, I didn't realise that (I've never had pigs). To be honest I think buying from that site would be the lesser of two evils for me, because the petshops locally, where I get my Carefresh keep their animals in atrocious conditions - fluffy bedding, pine shavings and runged wheels with their hamsters. I thought I spied cedar bedding once too. *sigh*

The shipping on 30kg with www.ukpetsupplies.com is 17 sterling. That'd get ya two bags, or 30 kg of Megazorb. Each bag is 10 sterling, so the total cost for the two 15kg bags plus shipping would be around 37 sterling or 55 euro. Thus the price per kilogram (incl shipping) is about two euro.

A bag of carefresh is 7 euro, and contains about 1.2 kg.

It doesn't even compare really!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭skink

it's good stuff the yard i worked in in france used it to bed the horses, excellent quality for the price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

Never heard of Megazorb, can you use it as Tortoise bedding?

I belive you can use it on tortoise bedding, but if unsure just send a quick query to here http://www.megazorb.co.uk/about_megazorb.htm

Another thing I wish Ireland had was good quality hay, very hard to get really top quality hay and even harder to get Timothy hay.

Another thing I wish Ireland had was good quality hay, very hard to get really top quality hay and even harder to get Timothy hay.

I know! I've been trying for months to get Timothy Hay for my littles at a decent price. The only way I can get it is to order it from the UK paying nearly twenty pounds sterling for shipping. In fact most of my littles stuff comes from the UK... Finding decent products for exotics in Ireland is nigh on impossible. The unsafe products (like pine bedding, fluffy synthetic nesting material, tiny cages and runged wheels for example) are plentiful though :mad:

The only place I know that sells OxBoy Timothy hay is bairbre O'Malleys vets in Bray if you know someone in the area or phone them mabey they can send it by post. Last time I got it I think it was 6.00 for bag, the bags not huge but it lasts a while if given alongside regular hay.

The only place I know that sells OxBoy Timothy hay is bairbre O'Malleys vets in Bray if you know someone in the area or phone them mabey they can send it by post. Last time I got it I think it was 6.00 for bag, the bags not huge but it lasts a while if given alongside regular hay.

That's brilliant! I'm planning a trip up to Bairbre soon anyway, I'll have to stock up. Thanks for the info!

• Advertisement
Advertisement