Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Sacrifice

• 19-05-2006 1:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

Just finished watchin the main event of Sacrifice there, and overall, I thought it was another decent ppv

Started off with a good contest between Jushin Liger and Petey Williams, the ppv feed went right at the end of the match, I thought it was something wrong with the thing I was watchin it on and kept rewindin it. They showed the end of it later on though, so all was grand

AMW vs Daniels and AJ was a great match, some really good combinations went on, I really enjoyed it. Raven vs A1 was probably the worst match. Raven doesn't look that well at all. It seems like he's tryin to nick some of Jeff Hardy's fans with his hair dyed whatever colour it was

I liked Rhino vs Bobby Roode. I'm a fan of Roode's and he did well on his own. Team 3D vs The James Gang was a brilliant match! First time in a long time I've enjoyed BG James in the ring! "Brother Ray" (still sounds stupid) gave another promo taking shots at WWE, and he even pulled off a dropkick! I was expecting the James Gang to win it, BG said on the radio recently that they'd be getting a push

The gauntlet match had some cool stuff goin on. It was obvious it'd end up as a tie in the X-Cup rankings. I'm actually lookin forward to this Kevin Nash storyline. TNA are hardly going to put him over the X-Division, at least in the long run, so I see it as a good thing. I'd imagine he'll end up having better matches with the X guys than he usually does

Sting and Joe vs Jarrett and Steiner was ok. Some bits I really enjoyed, some of it dragged on a little. Interesting end to it, with Samoa Joe pinning Jarrett, but not helping Sting when he got double-teamed after the match. With his injury now, it'll probably be a while before that leads anywhere. Slightly off topic, but I couldn't help but laugh when I got home today. My ma had bought two recliners, and the make of them was Steiner. My very own Steiner recliner!

Christian and Abyss had a very good match. I preferred their one last month, but this was still worthy of a main event spot I thought. The promos beforehand were excellent. I've never given James Mitchell credit, but he does so well on the mic, Abyss couldn't have a better manager. Christian had a nice line about how carrying the belt around doesn't make you champ, "Jarrett did it for 4 years". The match started off very well, but the flow seemed to go after Abyss brought the table in the ring. I don't know if one of them was hurt or what, but it just seemed to go flat. Never really got going as good as it had been before that, and the ending was a little flat now that I think about it.... Fair play to Mitchell for taking a bump on the tacks! I wouldn't complain if Abyss got another rematch, because they seem to work well together. Not sure who'd be next in line

So all in all, worth the 3 hours of watching! Just a pity guys like Shelley and Lethal didn't get a proper match to work. And a real pity Homicide didn't even show his face

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

I thought the show started out well but by the main event time, the crowd seemed a little spent.
    Liger and Petey was great but it was annoying that it was cut at the start, so I was glad when they showed it later. I dont like this new Liger with CTU, although his black outfit was pretty snazzy. The fact that he had to cheat to beat Petey seemed a little stupid. Petey came out the big winner of the nite with the win in the gauntlet too.
    The tag title match was great as expected with near fall after near fall. Styles springboard over the guardrail was savage. Styles and Daniels will be worth a rematch after that.
    A1 and Raven was shoulder charge, irish whip to railing, shoulder charge, irish whip to corner, evenflow ddt, pin. Brutal. And Raven looks terrible.
    Roode and Rhyno was very good, better than expected, the same goes for the NAO vs Dudleys, or whatever. That should be the beginning of a decent feud.
    the Gauntlet was good fun, that Mexican lads topei to the outside was crazy. Im just pissed off that Liger was used so badly. Shelley and Lethal did alot of eliminating and worked well as a team.
    The tag match was grand i suppose, it was good to see Joe pin Jarrett cleanly.
    Christian and Abyss was excellent even if the crowd was a little subdued. Im starting to buy into Christian being a worthy champion now. I can see them stretching this feud for another month. And Mitchells promos are deadly, he was beter as the Sinister Minister though :)

It was a good show all in all but seriously, where the **** was Homicide? Do TNA not realise how good he really is?
    Im liking the angle with Nash, but Id rather someone other than
    Sabin
    were the one to beat him.
    Hopefully Joe will be back for their next PPV, it will be interesting to see what they do with him. I can see him dropping the title (and his unbeaten run) to Low Ki, allowing Joe to hit the main events

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm just thinking again about how big a waste it probably was having all those guys in the gauntlet match. Eric Young looked frightened of the reaction he got when he came out! He's gone from the guy in the background to everyone's favourite! Hopefully he's kept in the spotlight

I suppose Liger was kinda misused, but he was last time aswell against Joe. Doesn't look like the match with Daniels will take place now, but a singles match against someone else without the X-Cup stuff would be interesting. If they can still use him

The main event for Slamiversary will be
    a King of the Mountain ladder match. I think Abyss already qualified, Monty Brown, Jarrett and whoever else probably will aswell

They should just get rid of the LAX, that rotating 3rd guy hasn't been much use, and Konnan seems to be injured for a good while. Just stick Homicide in the X division and get it over with!

It'll be interesting to see how Nash's ego will cope with having to put over the X guys when the time comes. I don't have any problems with
    Sabin
    going over, they've always been tryin to push him as a top X division wrestler, but he's always been just below AJ and Daniels. One thing I heard was that
    Sonjay Dutt
    might turn heel and side with Nash. I can definitely see someone siding with him, although Shelley probably already is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Nash might do the job for the X division. But I don't think he'll put them over. And theres a big difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Nash came down on Impact and did a number on Sabin, and Shelley and Nash walked away together. As much as I dislike Nash, he is a funny bastard and more stuff between him and Shelley would be great.

It will be interesting to see what comes from that whole angle, Sonjay Dutt hurt his ankle at Sacrifice, so that probably puts end to his heel turn.

Advertisement