Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

One for the Renault Laguna

Options
  • 19-05-2006 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

One of my mates was involved in a very bad accident yesterday with an artic truck on the N11 coming from arklow..to cut a long story short.. basically had to be cut out of it by the fire brigade, totally o b l i t e r a t e d .. he walked away from vincents with nothing more than a shake and a few scratches, which the doctors and staff couldnt believe. I'd like to share this with you guys as it appears the car saved his life.

Big up the Laguna! was a '00 RIP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

If it was a 00 that will have been the old model Laguna. Pretty solid and safe car which has done well in the Folksam safety ratings. However the current Laguna II would be significantly safer in a crash.

TBH it sounds like he was very lucky and the outcome could easily have been very different.

Here's a very bad crash between a Laguna and a VW Transporter van. Judging by the pics it's almost certain that the Laguna driver died. The caption mistakenly identifies the Laguna as an Opel maybe because the car is so unrecognisable
    http://langlovagok.hu/kepek2003/ftp/030321_ferihegyikisbusz.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I always believed that driving a big car is far safer than a super mini.

Am not a fast driver at all but the safety feel from a big car is v comforting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Depends kluivert, in many cases small modern cars are very strong in a crash and may be safer than larger older cars.

I think this crash show how much safety has come on. Modern Ford Fiesta collides with Opel Omega. Both cars very badly damaged but survival space appears OK in both. Now if an Omega collided with an older model Fiesta the outcome could be expected to be very different for the Fiesta.
    http://langlovagok.hu/kepek2006/fehervar/060107_fehervarford.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Surely this has to be made up. Everyone knows a renault could'nt be still driving after 6 years as they all fall apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

maybe it was a pre-reg that was sitting around for 2 years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

ah lads, im driving a 00 laguna concorde, and its a fantastic car! no problems at all. saying that she had one previous female owner from new, and only 40k on the clock. maybe im just lucky!

Advertisement