Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ger's Deli

Options
  • 19-05-2006 11:19am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone been to Ger's Deli on MacCurtain Street? If you haven't, go there! It's absolutely amazing, especially the hot chicken rolls. I strongly recommend trying them!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Seconded, Ger's is bloody great and decently priced too. It's dead handy for me at work too as it's just down the road :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

You are making me hungry now. I need a hot chicken roll.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, tell me about it. I'll have to go get a poor substitute :(. I went to Scoil Mhuire so I used to go down there every chance I got. Yummy.

Had to have a normal wrap myself. I will look out for that place though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Smileylynz

Yeah Its brill, I work right next door in Starwood, so I go there every other day, He's a sweetheart too!

• Advertisement

Smileylynz wrote:
    Yeah Its brill, I work right next door in Starwood, so I go there every other day, He's a sweetheart too!

Is it Ger? I would be going for the food rather than the company though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i didn't know that place was still open.. i agree though, there is no finer place for a hot chicken roll in the city

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

while i have yet to sample ger's delights, id reccommned the green kiwi for a hot chicken roll if you're about ucc direction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

A regular to Ger's last year too but now don't get a chance as I'm in UCC. For the record though, Ger's wipes the floor with the Green Kiwi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Ger's does indeed wipe the floor with the Green Kiwi (i hate that place so much). I must pay a visit to Ger's actually when I'm up visiting the old Alma Mater up on Sidney Hill, once I finish the exams in UCC that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

what? they use green kiwis to clean their floors? does the health inspector know this??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

How long before Ger's turns into Centra? ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Never! He always used ask us how we were getting on with exams and stuff. Such a sweetie.

I hope to sample Ger's Deli some day. What does the shopfront looklike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Abstract

mmmm gers.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JoeyC

Yeah, Gers the man for the chicken rolls but he's also got the best sausage rolls ever.
    sound fella, he used to run an puc fada down in midleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Omg, I can imagine how good this place is so. I loved Ger in An Puc Fada - that place has turned into a kip since he left! Must pop into him some time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

sampled gers the other day for the first time, despite working in patricks place over 2 yrs! had the hot chicken bagette, i believe it was ger himself that i met, nice guy. nice food. thanks guys!

Advertisement