Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

billpay on three upgrade

• 19-05-2006 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

i am currently a 3 customer billpay.

i want to upgrade my phone and get a n80 or n70 unbranded one , a nokia retail version from expansys.ie so i can change network settings etc.

i called three and they told me i can only use my 3 sim card with the phone that they gave me. they said it wouldnt work in any other fone.

next i asked them if i purchase a threepay handset, can i then put my billpay sim card into the 3 pay fone... 3 told me that this wont work either as they tie their sim cards to only work on the fone the sim was purchased with..

is this correct? if i buy a retail nokia N70 (unbranded fone) can i put my 3 bill pay sim into it?

has anyone tried this? will it work

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Well I would say what he ment is that the phones are tied to the SIM not the other way around. 3's handsets are locked just like the other operators. I doubt that 3 can lock the SIM to the phone.

I would say its more of a support issue. 3 support the handsets that they sell, if you used a handset that they didnt sell and support, as soon as they found out they would use that as a scapegoat if you ever call them with problems using it or the network.

My own handset uses Generic software from Nokia so I have all the features available to me, except that I cannot set Operator Logos for 3 or Vodafone (the SIM overrides them with "3").

Advertisement