Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of metal are you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Agent Steel

I know exactly what type of Metal I am without having to take a quiz ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I am Viking/Folk Metal.

Alright I suppose but I prefer power metal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

1091261301_Black.jpg

You Are Black Metal!
    Cold, raw, grim, and frostbitten. In short, you're the most "elitist" of all metal genres, and most people hate you for it, but still can't get enough of your music. In fact, there's probably more bands of your genre then any other genre, with about 10 new bands starting daily. Even though you're the most "unlistenable" of all metal genres and have the most hatred for the mainstream, you're one of the most popular metal styles.

I disagree with this. Whilst I do love the oul BM I'm far more of a doom man but there was no options for SLOW LOUD BASS HEAVY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

John2 wrote:
    I disagree with this. Whilst I do love the oul BM I'm far more of a doom man but there was no options for SLOW LOUD BASS HEAVY

i got the same as you and have to say wtf... i don't like black metal at all

i got the same as you and have to say wtf... i don't like black metal at all

Maybe you do like BM and you just didn't know it until you took the quiz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

You Are Death Metal!
    Technical tey brutal. It's hard to find anyone thats good at playing you, but when you do, you truly shine and slay all other metal styles.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

The results of that were wildly inaccurate and actually predicted the music I like the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I'm slut banging Metal, what else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

i did it twice as had 2 answers for a few of the questions and came back as Power Metal and Thrash Metal. Pretty much agree with that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

You Are Thrash Metal!
    You like to party. You like to get drunk. You like to thrash. You also like to put out some decent albums on the side...thats about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

You Are Death Metal!
    Technical tey brutal. It's hard to find anyone thats good at playing you, but when you do, you truly shine and slay all other metal styles

Sounds close enough:)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

You Are Death Metal!
    Technical tey brutal. It's hard to find anyone thats good at playing you, but when you do, you truly shine and slay all other metal styles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You Are Viking/Folk Metal!
    The most open minded of all metal genres. You have no problem with breaking down in the middle of a song with a Xylophone Solo if the song calls for it. You also usually incorporate more than one vocal style in your music, which makes for a good change every once in a while.

Funny that, I'm far more of a power metal fan. Though... *puts that Finntroll album on again*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hmm...
    You are the person who finds these predictable online quizzes tedious and a waste of time. You find it odd that people actually do these silly tests in the first place when they should be just listening to some Metal.

Spot on! :p

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

You Are Thrash Metal!
    You like to party. You like to get drunk. You like to thrash. You also like to put out some decent albums on the side...thats about it.

Sounds just about right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

You Are Power Metal!
    You love Tolkien too much, but you produce epic beautifully melodic albums. EVERYONE hates you, but you still have a small cult following. That's quite a shame since you're such a great and skilled genre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

1091256681_Grind.jpg
    You Are Gore/Grind Metal!The fastest and least user friendly of all the genres. You think nothing of writing a song about taking a womans eyeball out and filling it with your own penis. Thats some seriously ****ed up ****. You should see a psychiatrist. No, really. I'm serious.
    Uh.. meh.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Thrash metal here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

You Are Doom Metal!
    You're sad, depressing and slow. Sadly, most people hate you for that, and that just makes you more depressed. You're still a great genre and write beautifully epic music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Nightwish wrote:
    You Are Doom Metal!
    You're sad, depressing and slow. Sadly, most people hate you for that, and that just makes you more depressed. You're still a great genre and write beautifully epic music.

Ditto...apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I got the oul' death metal. And here I sit listening to Bad Religion. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

dannyd20 wrote:
    :rolleyes:

Couldn't of said it better myself!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

1091255323_Doom.jpg

You Are Doom Metal!

I don't listen to doom metal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Numina wrote:
    I don't listen to doom metal...

All goes to show you just how pointless these dumb tests are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

aye so pointless that some of us did the test :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Numina wrote:
    1091255323_Doom.jpg
    Let us take a moment away from this quiz to acknowledge how hilarious Messiah is.

And we're done.

They pass the time, that's all that they set out to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

You Are Power Metal!
    You love Tolkien too much, but you produce epic beautifully melodic albums. EVERYONE hates you, but you still have a small cult following. That's quite a shame since you're such a great and skilled genre

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ou Are Doom Metal!
    Very well, I adore doom metal, although I love all the genres apart from black, they couoldn't really pick one that i would be content with. Doom will do, it's mood backwards and I'm a moody ****. :)
    10% of people are apparantly doom on that.

You love Tolkien too much
    Such a thing does not exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

You Are Doom Metal!

currently i am into doom so it is accurate for me

Advertisement