Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Pressure pump

Options
  • 19-05-2006 4:27pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,
    we have a pressure pump to pressurise the whole houses water. Only switched on last week. But I have noticed that even though the taps have not been turned on it kicks in ever 30 minutes or so for 10 seconds?

Is this common?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Do you have any leaking taps anywhere that could be drawing enough water after 30 mins to call the pump?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Viking House

Does it have an expansion tank with an air valve on the side?
    If the answer is yes then you have to pump it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Is that kind of pump legal on the mains?

Surely you're dropping the pressure on the whole neighbourhood. Can't see the Council being too pleased !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Also check your toilet cisterns to see if leaking by...
    I dont think it's a problem for the council if the pump is fed from the storage tank.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks lads, I suspect there is an issue with a leak of some sorts.

There is a "bunge" on the top of the tank which is used to fill in water on the preparation of the pump.
    There is a rubber seal on it which is creased. I flattened it out and re-tightened the bunge nut. This has now reduced the kick off to roughly 1hour.

I cannot see this been an issue with the council as any new house I know of built has a pressurised system installed in it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement