Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N93

• 19-05-2006 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi Folks - I noticed that the upcoming N93 is available from www.carphonewarehouse.com as of July via O2.

My question is, has anyone here every bought a phone from O2 in the UK and then used it back in Ireland. I'm wondering what sort of complications are there in terms of contracts (Pay Monthly) and of course issues with getting the phone unlocked.

Failing this I would plan to get the phone SIM Free, but this obviously would cost substantially more. I spoke to someone before who mentioned that Telefonica often do phones a lot cheaper than they would be elsewere, but I can't track down their mobile page.

Basically I'm asking you guys, who probably more experience in this area, what is the best way for me to pick up the new Nokia N93?

Thanks for any help that you can give.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

you cant get a contract if you dont have a uk address, as far as i understand, not sure about able to use it in ireland i think you should have no problem as long its on the same operator.
    the n93 is gonna to be very expensive..you would be talking around 800 sim-free.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hantakage

I know - I really don't want to have to buy it SIM free. From what I've found out it looks like Irish SIM cards work fine in UK phones (i.e. O2 UK tend not to lock them).

Would I be able to get a Pay Monthly Contract with O2 here, and then just buy the phone as from O2 UK (hopefully at a reduced price compared to SIM Free)

Failing that - can anyone here give me 1 or 2 locations where I cam SIM Free phones reasonably prices (obviously check ebay, any others)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Templecom on the Quays behind the Central Bank are selling the N93 now for €829 sim free...

www.phonesonline.ie also have them I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

It will pretty much be impossible to get unlocked if it's locked when you buy it. Also the o2 UK lock differs from the o2 Irl lock so you could only use the English sim in it if it came locked.
    I would advise buying sim free or waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭paulshir

great site is http://www.onedaymobile.ie. Nokia N80 is €515 unlocked. Have a good range. N93 is €730

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

anyone have actual experience of that site www.onedaymobile.ie ??

Advertisement