Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie down :(

Options
  • 19-05-2006 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

I use boards, as i'm sure many of you do, more at this time of year than any other to procrastinate and avoid study, so you can imagine my bemusement when i found that boards was down from around 12pm till now!

So what did you do in the 4 hours that you would have been wasting here? Me myself i clicked "random article" in wikipedia for about an hour, then actually did some study! Come to think of it, that downtime may be the reason i pass my next exam.

Anyone else feel slightly lost without it or use their time productively?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

We all sat in a drum-circle here in work and recited dark incantations over a burning effigy of Brian Kennedy.

May not be strictly true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I studied. properly. in fact,atm i wish boards had stayed down another couple of hours cus i was getting some proper work done for the first time this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,408 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It co-incided with my quietest period in work for three months. B@$tards!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

i moaned at irlrobins on msn. it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I discovered a forum called foot.ie (not my bag baby!) through a google search for "boards.ie down"!!

Some guy was delighted that his hotmail was upgraded from 2Mb to 25 Mb today. Someone beat me to advising him to go for a gmail or yahoo account :D

I keep my hotmail for historical reasons so was mildly amused at the increase to 25 Mb. Bit late in the day for that puny effort at maintaining user base :D:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

&#231 wrote: »
    I studied. properly. in fact,atm i wish boards had stayed down another couple of hours cus i was getting some proper work done for the first time this year!

What he said. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

this isnt the right forum for this guys

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

failsafe wrote:
    Anyone else feel slightly lost without it or use their time productively?

Wha? It's a website. Seriously mate you need to cut down on the net time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I had an exam from 2-4. I went into the computer labs after, and it had been back up for about 2 mins judging from the main page:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement