Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Championship Playoff Final - Leeds V Watford (scores etc)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Mushy wrote:
    Looks as if the condition of the pitch will be terrible then!
    Well the pitch was apparantly in a bad state in midweek. I can only imagine what it's like after the rugby match yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

eirebhoy wrote:
    Well the pitch was apparantly in a bad state in midweek. I can only imagine what it's like after the rugby match yesterday.

The game was being stopped yesterday at the rugby because the pitch was cuttin up, so it doesnt sound good, was listening on radio so couldnt see the state of it but the presentor did mention the pitch would be bad for the game today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,510 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I woulda found some way of going to some pub somewhere to watch it but school work/exams did get in the way. Plus the weather is crap so what better way than to sit in and watch it with a few beers at home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Leeds to go up 3-1

Warnock in the studio. Damn it. Very biased there.

My prediction is 2-0 for Leeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Mushy wrote:
    Warnock in the studio. Damn it. Very biased there.

what did he say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Have gone for a small wager....Watford half time Leeds Full Time. 33-1

what did he say?

Hasnt said anything too bad today. He was in the studio for the Preston second leg, and after the match he was picking out everything that Leeds did wrong. He couldnt give credit where credit was due! He is sayin some things today but wait till later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Im going to cheer for Leeds today, the irish contingent and also the fact i think they would be a better addition to the premiership.

Some nice things said by Blackwell about Ken Bates on Sky Sports there, would love to see them get the money they obviously badly need. (then they can get O'Leary back ;) )

• Advertisement

Starting lineup is: Sullivan, Kelly, Kilgallon, Gregan, Derry, Douglas, Butler, Miller, Lewis, Hulse, Richardson

Vocal Leeds fans anyway! Players just got scared by the fireworks.

4-5-1 formation. Lewis and Richardson wide on the wings to go up and support Hulse, Douglas,Miller, Derry in the central midfield role. C'mon Leeds

Best laugh so far was fireworks going off and Miller getting the fright of his life...could see him mouthing "What the f**k was that!"....haha

Forgot about Eagles the traitor so shouting for Leeds more now!!! Hope Eagles comes on and gets sent off.....who ever said I was bitter? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

C'mon Watford! (easiler to beat next season!)

Mike.

Close for Derry(actually got a defecltion), those who only watch the PL should watch this game....see how when Derry got whack in mouth didnt spend the next 5 mins with the physio rolling around on ground. Got up and got on with game, same happened with Lewis when he was tackled and stood on Watford player...both got up and walked away. No 5 mins of physio and hands been flashed at ref to get cards shown

Oh yeah notice a number of Muster hats on people walkin into ground before kickoff....what a weekend for those guys!

Oh yeah notice a number of Muster hats on people walkin into ground before kickoff....what a weekend for those guys!

If that match hadnt been on yesterday, i would have been able to afford to go over. On a brighter note, friend of mine is over there and he shall get me a programme of Leeds' last match in th eChampionship:D

Mushy wrote:
    If that match hadnt been on yesterday, i would have been able to afford to go over. On a brighter note, friend of mine is over there and he shall get me a programme of Leeds' last match in th eChampionship:D

Guess your a new Leeds fan to boards, usually only kingp35 around here posting regular on Leeds, you will be happy to hear a Shef Wed fan actually wanting Leeds to win so its a first. Only because of the Irish players mind you. Still remember our 1-0 win earlier this season:D

• Advertisement

Crap. What words can ya use for this? Damn it

Anyway, yep, am new to soccer forums here and shall gladly be vocal in my support. Damn it anyway. Distraught here. Damn Hulse anyway

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Watford are 1 up

0-1 Watford, deserve it so far, Demerit scored from cornor, hulse let him go.....Leeds better start playing because been over run

Anyone notice brought up stats on where the balls has been, commentator goes Leeds have had the better of it, it was 31% in Leeds goal area and 17% in Watford goal area, even Sky dont know what the f**k there stats mean:eek:

Anyone hate Gregan? I have for years since I seen him play for West Brom v Man Utd, I just hated him, was just talking to a guy and was saying it to him when he tried to take player out with elbow. Just dont like the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Listening to it on 5Live leeds sound like they are being run ragged, Lots of corners and throws for Watford.

• Advertisement

Jesus For Relegation Favorites they are doing well. Leeds only have 1 striker, they'll need to push on now

Need to get Miller into the game more in the watford half, getting pinned down in there own half and thats the problem, when Miller was on the ball a few times in the watford half was causing problems. I guess no sky blu_sonic? Im sorted, Sky, laptop and a few cans of Bud, you have to love Sundays:D

More stats from me: last time Watford went one nil up against Leeds, Leeds scored twice in second half! Close offside there. actually, thats an awful decision, well onside there cos of the lad on the near-side. Leeds should put a bit of muscle into it and make it pysical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

fade2black wrote:
    Good bet. :)

some close calls

fade2black wrote:

Hopefully that comes true now!

Should have had penalty there. Butler fouled by keeper but decision given other way. then late challenge on Hulse with high studs. Positive endin to half for leeds i must say

Mushy wrote:
    Leeds should put a bit of muscle into it and make it pysical

Funny you should mention that, was just going to say that Butler etc was throwing a few arms etc in to try and disturb the Watford throw in/cornors. Wouldnt be allowed in PL. Great game of footie and Douglas offside was a joke, he was 5 yards onside when ball was kicked......

Whats this about Howard going to Everton? commentator seemed fairly certain and could explain all the goss about Utd bidding for West Brom goalier Koyasck(sp)

half time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Right....where's that Leeds Jersey....

:D

Anyone think the way Warnock is going on that he wants Watford to win? think he has got the huff because Blackwell his former number 2 could be in PL with him could take his (from friends) thunder? He has been like that all afternoon.

When asked about Aidy comments about he knows what Blackwell does under pressure he started a rant about Blackwell was always his number 2 and that if he wins then Blackwell gets all the praise and then if they lose its the manager who gets the bad comments. When have you heard Utd's/Arsenal/Chelsea/any PL club having a headline in the press praising the 2nd in command about a win. How many fans can name there clubs second in command? Sour grapes to me.

He has always shown he is a bitter man, even when they talked about Aidy in the semi final of playoffs and started about how he must have a great solicator. I hate the prospect of him in the PL next season. He seems to think he has a bigger rep than his team. Why would the press talk about Shef Utd when they can talk about Neil Warnock

• Advertisement

Thats exactly why its bad that WArnock is in the studio as i said before.

More facts: when Leeds beat Watford 2-1 and Watford had gone 1-0 up, Robbie Blake came on at half time and scored two goals for Leeds to win. Robbie Blake has now replaced Frazer Richardson at half time

Mushy wrote:
    Thats exactly why its bad that WArnock is in the studio as i said before.

More facts: when Leeds beat Watford 2-1 and Watford had gone 1-0 up, Robbie Blake came on at half time and scored two goals for Leeds to win. Robbie Blake has now replaced Frazer Richardson at half time

Your like me an optimist. its always instead of a half empty glass its half full:D

Feck its a quarter full....fridge time:D

Crap. Damn it. F*** it. so flucky with the spin. Loosing hope now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Freak Goal, How on earth did that go in
    2-0 to Watford.

its over now

2-0

Need Stephen Gerrard now

Just thinking, Watford remind me of Sunderland, in the way the play etc. They won't have a hope in PL.

Question: Will Leeds sign Miller or will some mid table PL team take a chance, I would like to see him at leeds(as long as he doesnt play well against Wed) because they play him in his best role.

its over now

Not over till the fat lady sings. And i see no fat lady in sight at the moment. Flucky goals are the worst to concede. Decisions always goin against Leeds aswell

Healy is on now

blu_sonic wrote:
    Healy is on now

Stupid move, where is the connection from midfield to strikers? Miller had decent game but Derry was being overrun so he wasnt been given the ball where he needed it, ended up spending too much time defending

• Advertisement

playin better now! a goal now would be great.Ref better give us a decision soon. How didnt that go in?

And did anyone notice it should have been a Leeds throw before the Watford goal

Mushy wrote:
    playin better now! a goal now would be great.Ref better give us a decision soon. How didnt that go in?

And did anyone notice it should have been a Leeds throw before the Watford goal

Yeah with Kelly, seen that first time but that happens, prob ask for replays buts its part of footie. Terrible when it doesnt go your way but great when it does, remember Robbies magical goal against Blackburn this season, wasnt a Spurs throw in. It happens World wide, the first try yesterday against Muster(cant spell French side) wasnt a try either because he was over the line but it happens in all sports

Linesman injured? (what happened)

Whats going on?????? radio 5 going wild

Linesman wasting time, not getting of fpitch. What an idiot, walks half way across pitch, then sits down in middle of pitch holding his leg. Demote that fool to the Ryman Premier for an idiotic action at this stage

Actually given up hope now! Not good enough today. And now a penalty. Damn it

Bakke set to appear. watford penno

• Advertisement

penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

PENALTY!!!! Come on Marlon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Peno for Marlon King!

Henderson to take

Scored Watford are up

Mike.