Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your college bars like?

Options
  • 19-05-2006 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭

ok, time to bring back college play!

so what are the ones in your college like?

Am in Trinity myself, so we have the Pav (the sports club bar, out on the cricket pitch) and the buttery.

The pav is great in summer but a bit **** in winter- its mostly and outdoor sit on the grass kinda place, although its funny in December when people are still dedicated to sitting outside and freezing their asses off. Normally sells cans of Druids and Bavaria for cheap enough - though they recently got Becks on tap which ain't half bad. In the summer upwards of a couple hundred can be seen sitting outside on the grass before exams :D

as for the buttery, its a much quieter kinda place. hosts some gigs every now and then, and is the one used by societies for on campus events most of the time. Its a nicer spot if you just want a quiet can or two - Does cans of tuborg, but has gotten kinda expensive after the last price hike on cans.

so what are yours like? give us a review!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Meh, I hate the bars in UCD, haven't been in one in ages so can't do a review. I miss the sports bar so much though, it was really great! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Hermione* wrote:
    Meh, I hate the bars in UCD, haven't been in one in ages so can't do a review. I miss the sports bar so much though, it was really great! ;)

Yeah that's exactly the UCD way of doing things.... kill off the best bar on campus!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Hm. Well the DCU bar is good, kinda lacking in atmosphere and not the most commfortable place to drink (bad floor layout) but generally good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i think the ucd student bar is great craic! especially on the last day of term in december!! aw memories. sprained my ankle, lost my sock and was plastered by bout 12!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Scr&#225 wrote: »
    Hm. Well the DCU bar is good, kinda lacking in atmosphere and not the most commfortable place to drink (bad floor layout) but generally good.

You pharell? Its ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Kevo

The DCU bar is terrible. No atmosphere at all. You're better off going down the road to the other bars.

The Buttery Bar is the best out of all the colleges IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

UCC has an 'old bar' and 'new bar'. The Old bar is ok but the New bar always has a great atmosphere, I find, throughout the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Ah just wander down to the slipper (that place still freaks me out :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

The Lower Deck was quite cheap by Dublin prices. a nice little place actually.

Advertisement