Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing my airgun from EU member to the Ireland

Options
  • 19-05-2006 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all.

Could you just describe in step-by-step basis how can I bring my air rifle to the Ireland?

I'm shooting FT/HFT. I moved last year to Ireland. From information that I obtained from different sources the steps, that I should take are:

1. get a Firearm license (local Gardai)
    2. get Import Permit (I have a paper, but I don't know to whom should I bring it filled)

Is that all?
    Source: http://www.justice.ie/80256E01003A21A5/vWeb/pcJUSQ5YBJWM-en

Next thing. I will leave Ireland for different competitions - like International and World championships. Should I obtain the European Firearms Pass? Is it possible to do it in Ireland as I am citizen of different country? In my country my air rifle is not considered as a weapon at all, so I cannot get the European Firearms pass for it...

Best Regards
    Jacek

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Getting a firearms from an EU country is easier still. Just get your firearms certificate. Then ask for an EU prior consent form from your local Gardai (called an Article 7 - you are automatically entitled to it). Then import your gun.

Advertisement