Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nokia 6280 - Some Questions

• 19-05-2006 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Just got this phone and am impressed - apart from the size of the memory card though.
    I have a couple of questions if anyone can answer.

1 : When i am watching videos and have to stop half way through one i cant get back to that point on the media player when i go back to it later that day. Thats infuriating when you are 20 mins into a half hour video. Is there any third party video viewer available for this phone?

2 : Is it possible to transfer podcasts via bluetooth to the phone automatically as they are downloaded, rather than having to manuall transfer them from the PC to the phone.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

AFAIK with the series 40 operating system on the 6280 you are limited to installing java apps only. i have noticed an authentication issue with some apps not having access to features such as camera and bluetooth and filesytem also.

Given that it should be possible to write a java app to play movies on a phone i would imagine there is one out there although i cant say where.

As for the podcasts, not having itunes on the phone its going to be difficult. i have found the Nokia PC suite that comes with the 6280 terrible... it is very heavy on resourses when there is no need and it crashes often too.
    I have noticed that you cannot reference the filesystem locations within windows exployer, amd must browse ttru the nokia software. This would suggest that the filesysytems are different in which case you would need a specific nokia application to do what you are asking.
    So all evidence points towards this not goin to work.

This is only my oponion and I could be wrong....
    I hope this is of some help !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Thanks guys.
    I also noticed that when i install java games they only use the top left quarter of the screen. I wonder is this just because they are in a lower resolution than the phone screen.

Advertisement